Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Saturday Afternoon People !

Starting off with....

Steve Miller Band - Fly Like An Eagle

1624737635059.jpeg 1624737659781.jpeg

Tick Tock Tick....

I caught this gig in Brisbane back in Feb. 2018, so it was great to relive it on Blu-ray. What struck me was how many young folk were in the Dutch crowd, I think about 95% of those shown were under 30 - so they would've been born well after Floyd were at their peak. I went with my daughter (she's 37, I'm 61), but most of the folks in the beer garden before the gig were more my age than hers. Just great to see that this music transcends generations.
View attachment 68178
That’s totally awesome!

Yazoo - You And Me Both

(2008) Mute Records Limited

1624762495310.jpeg

Wikipedia
You and Me Both is the second and final studio album by British synthpop duo Yazoo (known in North America as Yaz), released on Mute Records (on Sire Records in North America) in July 1983. The album's title was an ironic reference to the fact that the duo had grown estranged from each other and recorded much of the album separately; they announced their split a few weeks before the album's release.

You and Me Both gave the group a "posthumous" number one record in Britain and New Zealand, and reached number 69 in the US. Singer Alison Moyet would soon begin a successful solo career, while Vince Clarke formed the short-lived project The Assembly with Yazoo's producer Eric Radcliffe before going on to greater and long-lasting success with the synthpop duo Erasure.

I usually only comment on the commercial releases "as is" but one of our members took a song from Joe Bonamassa - Now Serving; Royal Tea From the Ryman (Live), "Conversation With Alice" and remixed it to put some solid sounds in the rears- and that's been getting a lot of play from me lately. I won't call him out....I want him to get busy and do the rest of the concert. shhh!

Back