Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ORACLES
- Listening (and watching) in 9.1 Auro-3D (5.1 compatible)
*this is the way I like my BD audio/visual -you need this!

1633118883413.png
Good deal! It looked wonderful and I ordered a copy from Pure Audio that shipped out yesterday....but they stated US orders were shipping by a slow boat....and taking 30 days! Please post back with your impressions of the disc!
I'm so jealous!

Good deal! It looked wonderful and I ordered a copy from Pure Audio that shipped out yesterday....but they stated US orders were shipping by a slow boat....and taking 30 days! Please post back with your impressions of the disc!
I'm so jealous!
Looks like I ordered this on Sept. 8th, got it yesterday, so took about 3 weeks from Germany.

Wondering if It'll show up in Apple Music in Atmos?

It's very New Age sounding, sort of like this Roger Shah maybe-

https://www.discogs.com/release/118...r-Meditation-Yoga-Any-Other-Wellbeing-Moments

Welcome to Dutton Vocalion's website
The autumn season is upon us and we’re looking ahead with great anticipation to our next batch of titles. This will contain the usual enticing blend of new recordings with reissues of outstanding back-catalogue material drawn from the archives of various major labels of yore – all in the SACD Hybrid format. Keep checking here for updates: we’ll return with more information as soon as we can. Thanks – the Dutton Vocalion team

COUNTDOWN
TO ECSTASY?

Depeche Mode – Playing The Angel
SACD 5.1 mix

"Musically, a lot of analog gear was used and some of the songs have a nice gnarly bite to them.
The overall presentation is raw not refined. It's apparent that the arrangements and extra sounds were less fussed over than they have been in the recent past"

Pain and suffering in various tempos

PXL_20210929_234048690.MP.jpg
PXL_20210929_234652098.MP.jpg

Oh man! Ralphie turned me on to a great DVD-VIDEO!!!

Love - The ForeverChanges Concert!!! The video is crap, but the Dolby surround is very solid. Performance is amazing!!! Easy purchase, and cheap!!!
I’m so loving this!!! Lead singer’s delivery reminds me of Eric Burdon!!!! Excellent!!!

Bill Withers : "Just As I Am"
(5.1 Dolby Audio; Apple TV; Apple Music Spatial Audio)

its kinda 'loud' in as much as you can't crank the volume.. but i'm enjoying it more than i remember the old DualDisc.. wonder if its the same mix and mastering? 🤔

530B6424-53E9-4C3C-808B-8F75AD4FCEAD.jpeg

"Still Bill" alright 👌😎

edit: its the same, after a few more tracks the sounds getting on my nerves just like the old DualDisc did, so i've had to stop it! 😂

Last edited:
Yep, from a Q8 source. This is NOT discrete, but being a huge Denver fan, I get a lot of pleasure in how this sounds. It just sort of floats around......can't really tell from which speakers. I Like it. :)

View attachment 72151
Some in the house don't care for John Denver, not me though. I've been looking for high quality audio regardless of whether it's surround. Shame on me:)

Reactions: GOS
Back