Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad Home Audio Forum

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad Home Audio Forum:

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Chase PURE MUSIC/CHASE [Columbia Records/D~V QUAD SACD 2~fer] Horns A Plenty on this electrifying insanely discrete Dutton Vocalion two~fer!

812+N7wd9UL._AC_SL1418_.jpg

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Ordered this morning and two hours later it is shipped! I love Duttonvocalion! If only other companies had access to that kind of technology.

Speaking of D~V .... it's been almost a FULL YEAR since they've released any Rock, Pop, Jazz QUAD SACDs [Classical, YES] and I think we're all antsy for January 2022 when hopefully, Michael J. Dutton following a LONG hiatus will make that momentous announcement.

See the source image

WATFORD WIZARD: "THEY SHALL BE RELEASED!"

Last edited:

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
King Crimson THE POWER TO BELIEVE [Inner Knot/1 MLP DVD~A 5.1 48/24/1 RBCD] 5.1 Remix by David Singleton. DVD also contains 2 OOP mini albums in PCM Stereo 48/24: 'Happy With What You Have to be Happy With' & 'Level Five.' Comes with a 14 page glossy booklet in a nifty slipcase. IMO, CONTENT, 5.1 REMIX/SONICS/Value for the money ......EXCELLENT!

71tOawZzaRL._SL1200_.jpg

Last edited:

ubertrout

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
81bmqqk5e0L._SL725_.jpg

The reviews for this have been rapturous, and I can't argue - it's a really good Brahms 4th in excellent ambient surround. The Brahms 4th has long been among my favorites if not my favorite - it's not exactly the sunniest work but it's an absolute masterpiece. The main competition is Ivan Fischer on Channel, which weirdly is out of print, although available from NativeDSD.

madship

500 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter