Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David Bowie - Young Americans

bowie-youngamericans.gif

Man, I really love this album, and the surround mix ain't too bad either. :smokin 🍻

My good friend Bruce passed away in late March of this year and I really miss him. He was a pirate with a gentle soul.

Over the last few years, he's transferred almost a hundred tapes for me. I'm playing a few of these tonight, starting with this one. The music is quite nice actually. I wish Mr. Dutton would release this one along with her other unreleased Quad, Song for Jeffrey.

Helen Reddy – Free And Easy

R-8530344-1463459639-5055.jpg

My good friend Bruce passed away in late March of this year and I really miss him. He was a pirate with a gentle soul.

Over the last few years, he's transferred almost a hundred tapes for me. I'm playing a few of these tonight, starting with this one. The music is quite nice actually. I wish Mr. Dutton would release this one along with her other unreleased Quad, Song for Jeffrey.

Helen Reddy – Free And Easy

View attachment 81138

Also a fan of Canadian singer Anne Murray. Love this album as well [Capitol Records/Dualdisc MLP DVD~A 5.1/96/24]

61GWQRFSV1L.jpg

Simon, by any chance was this the version included on Dutton Epoch's Julian Bream QUAD SACD two~fer?

916LxegHFDL._AC_SL1429_.jpg
Mr. Bream recorded the Concerto de Aranjuez several times during his prolific career. The version found on the excellent Dutton SACD was recorded in 1975 with a completely different orchestra and conductor. As lovely as the 1975 recording is, I find the 1963 version more poignant, especially the Adagio, which is one of my favourite piece of music.

R-3438413-1599297084-7819.jpg

Last edited:
Back