Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Clement

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
This album was released near the end of my freshman year in HiGh school–one of the first 25 LPs i bought!
1660739211228.png
Jeff Beck Wired
I had only heard it in stereo until i picked up this beauty! 9.47 on our poll
thread

Last edited:

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
(is it me or is this thread a BIT too long by now?? ;) )
Oh , that @Lucanu SQ script!!! The wonders it did/does!!!
Conversions I did to DTS discs back in the day that I am sure SOME of you have in your collection...

One of my favorite conversions, maybe I will get the LP versions one day, but for now, the CD versions I had (and sold because I needed the $$$ back in 2010) make for a great quad version...no cillia tingling hi frequencies though...actually , I think that my tinnitus perennae ENHANCES my hi frequency perception..

in a row on VLC...
OC04NzU3LmpwZWc.jpeg

MC03MzY0LmpwZWc.jpeg

AAAND , skipping no. three, on to IV!
MS0zMjEyLmpwZWc.jpeg

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Five for Fighting AMERICA TOWN [Columbia/Multi~CH SACD/Single layer] 5.1 remix by Frank Filipetti and Bob Clearmountain. 5.1 Mastering by Bob Ludwig @ Gateway Mastering.

71FcuQHmdXL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Birds of Fire - John McLaughlin and the Mahavishnu Orchestra in SQ Quadraphonic. Yesterday I listened to the stereo version of this record and this morning I listened to the SQ version. I wanted to compare the two versions. Both have a degree of separation shown on the O-scope on my Marantz 4400. But, the SQ version shows more.

While growing up in Brooklyn in the early 1970's this was my favorite band. I saw the band play live several times and I could never get enough of them. I now listen to the recordings with a completely different outlook. I still enjoy the music, but now my mind is able to hear a lot more and listening to this band on a decent sound system makes it very enjoyable. I like their first album, "Inner Mountain Flame" better, but this is also a good album. However, about ten years ago, I played the song "Birds of Fire," in a cover band so I have a special understanding of that song because I studied it to play it.

The band consists of John McLaughlin (guitar), Billy Cobham (drums), Jan Hammer (keyboards), Jerry Goodman (electric violin), and Rick Laird (electric bass).