Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buddy Miles BOOGER BEAR [Columbia/D~V QUAD SACD] Couldn't resist playing this one. Although very much a product of the 70's, this album has really grown on me. Another QUADDY delight from the Wizard!

Buddy Miles & Carlos Santana - Buddy Miles: Booger Bear & Carlos Santana and Buddy Miles: Live! [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

Buddy Miles & Carlos Santana - Buddy Miles: Booger Bear & Carlos Santana and Buddy Miles: Live!​

[SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

After listening to Marillion most of the day and having a couple of drinks I fall back on my favourite emotional album, why everyone doesn’t have and love this album is anathema to me :)View attachment 83480
OMG @ The storm before the calm
image.jpg

Is it okay to reply to your own posts when you’re drunk lol?

After having an Animals orgasm, I unwrapped Kris Kristofferson title from DV. Holy mother of God. This is so freaking amazing. You all who get scared due to the country label he gets. Forget that. This DV version is so crystal clear and Kris is in fine form and the songs are just super Americana. IMO. The quadiness is over the top excellent. Fidelity is as good as it gets, do not pass this up.

Ok PF Animals of course
Clear clean audiophile sound. A 10 when I'm ready to vote. I like the menu music playback wish more releases made distinct menu music like this
I never had Animals back in the day. Got Dark Side than bought Wish You Were Here upon release. Somehow passed this so don't know it intimately.

For quite a juxposition I played Azteca next. Should have grabbed the kristoffersons instead because this was a jarring transition.
Does not have the Animals audiophile sound but its good and a strong quad mix. Sounds of its time bit clearly these are great musicians.
DV did a great job with this.
Kris I'll get to you tomorrow.

I keep playing Animals and keep crying, it is frigging awesome, one of my all time favourite albums given a truly wonderful surround mix (where has this James Guthrie been up until now?)
I had been looking forward to and dreading it at the same time as Guthrie’s previous mixes have been average at best, he should probably retire now unless he’s given the task of doing The Wall (in about 2028)!!!

It's been a little slow for us waiting for Rock & Roll in surround. Or Classic Rock in general. But I gotta say that Goats Head Soup has grown on me in 5.1, Santana III 4.0 finally made it to my estate, and now Animals 5.1 has also finally arrived.

It's still really good times for us surround music fans. It has not been that long ago when we got 4 Beatles albums, Imagine, Plastic One Band, All Things Must Pass. Throw in Mott The Hoople's finest (imo) album from D/V in quad and things are slow but not dead by any means.

With Who's Next too in the pipeline things could be a lot worse.

Last edited:
After having an Animals orgasm, I unwrapped Kris Kristofferson title from DV. Holy mother of God. This is so freaking amazing. You all who get scared due to the country label he gets. Forget that. This DV version is so crystal clear and Kris is in fine form and the songs are just super Americana. IMO. The quadiness is over the top excellent. Fidelity is as good as it gets, do not pass this up.
Yes, yes, and yes! But what about the quadraphonic attributes? Is there incredible separation, any 4-cornered-quad with speakers -playing off each other because the band has so much chemistry? Tell us a tiny bit more about this "quadiness" you've seen up close and personal?

Back