Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listening now to the 4.0 Kris Kristofferson 4 album 2 disc pack. When I rip these SACD's I like to seperate them in my JRiver player to play as one album only, 4 seperate albums. Now Silver Tonged Devil, Dutton Vocalion has never dissapointed me, absolute 4.0 perfection, such a treat.
View attachment 83513
I do the same for two-fers, all those Guess Who albums I separated and retagged as single album folders. So how is the quad mixes on the KK titles? I am not expected EW&F dynamics, nor Return to Forever 4-corners. But how are these albums actually in quad. I'm hoping for better than Charlie Rich Q stuff.

Yes, yes, and yes! But what about the quadraphonic attributes? Is there incredible separation, any 4-cornered-quad with speakers -playing off each other because the band has so much chemistry? Tell us a tiny bit more about this "quadiness" you've seen up close and personal?
LOL! Once I get it ripped, I'll give it a proper listen and comment back.

Listening now to 4.0 Azteca from Dutton Vocalion. Sounds great.
DR's are 11, 12's, 13's.
R-792668-1296824941.jpg

I just hope D~V's WIZARD keeps 'em coming. Such a rich treasure trove of ULTRA DISCRETE QUAD product still to be mined. LOVE the NEW Batch. Just EXCELLENT!
I agree. Dutton Vocalion is superior in there niche of 4.0 quads.
I would love to watch a video of Michael Dutton explaining everything, a nice 1.5 hour video would be great, music, artwork, the whole shabang.
I really like the Kris Kristofferson, really good, I didn't know he was almost pure country with strong biblical choices.

I agree. Dutton Vocalion is superior in there niche of 4.0 quads.
I would love to watch a video of Michael Dutton explaining everything, a nice 1.5 hour video would be great, music, artwork, the whole shabang.
I really like the Kris Kristofferson, really good, I didn't know he was almost pure country with strong biblical choices.
The 4 K. Kristofferson QUAD SACDs are indeed Killer. Sharp and clear as a bell, sonics and surround SUPERB and love his gravelly voice. And that price .... for four superbly remastered Quaddies ...would've been $120 list price if released by AP or for that matter Audio Fidelity!

Last edited:
Back