Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By this time based on previous release history, BTO should be right in Mr. Dutton’s wheelhouse.
MOST especially in view of D~V's exceptional release of this two~fer from the UMG vaults which I am currently spinning:

Bachman-Turner Overdrive & Bachman-Turner Overdrive II [SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]

Bachman-Turner Overdrive & Bachman-Turner Overdrive II​

[SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]

Last edited:
This one is CRAZY fun! Recorded in Melbourne in 1973, it makes perfect sense that @chucky3042 SM v.2 would bring it to life! I'm LOVING it! Broke the seal – pristine copy!
View attachment 88360 Captain Matchbox Whoopee Band - Smoke Dreams Album Reviews, Songs & More | AllMusic
https://www.discogs.com/release/5941584-The-Captain-Matchbox-Whoopee-Band-Smoke-Dreams
The back cover is even MORE fun:
View attachment 88362 Informational
THREAD
Hey Clement, now we know what you’ve been smoking!

Oh My Goodness! This one sounds absolutely phenomenal through the SM v.2. And somehow, i scored an SQ Quadraphonic LP that may have been played once! Sounds pristine! The songs are top shelf and the mix is SO discrete and engaging. Somehow, i can't find a poll thread for this one. I think it deserves one. And a physical digital release – Michael J. Dutton? Highly recommended!

View attachment 88204 Janis Ian - Between The Lines
https://www.allmusic.com/album/between-the-lines-mw0000190365
May be I should go on Discogs and buy an SQ LP...... what normally happens then, is that sometime later its released as a Quad SACD (Sony, Dutton-Vocalion or as sadly in the past on Audio Fidelity)
So my SQ LP turned up today, and as my trapped sciatic nerve seems to have improved (shouldn't have cut the grass on Sunday which is when I did it :rolleyes:) I could get the Hi-Fi plugged in and running! The LP is in pretty good condition, some distortion/sibilance in places but for a nearly 50 year old LP its not bad at all (Discogs vendor had it as VG+). Decoded really well by the good old SM2. A really nice mix, always liked the album in stereo, its worthy of a Dutton-Vocalion Quad release.

So if my previous Quad LP purchases have been anything to go on it'll appear on SACD shortly :ROFLMAO:

So my SQ LP turned up today, and as my trapped sciatic nerve seems to have improved (shouldn't have cut the grass on Sunday which is when I did it :rolleyes:) I could get the Hi-Fi plugged in and running! The LP is in pretty good condition, some distortion/sibilance in places but for a nearly 50 year old LP its not bad at all (Discogs vendor had it as VG+). Decoded really well by the good old SM2. A really nice mix, always liked the album in stereo, its worthy of a Dutton-Vocalion Quad release.

So if my previous Quad LP purchases have been anything to go on it'll appear on SACD shortly :ROFLMAO:
Well, now that We have BOTH bought it, let's hope We've increased the odds of it becoming a D-V reality!

That’s the “Booger Bear” of spending significant amounts of money to acquire quad releases in their original formats. Just like @edisonbaggins jinxed himself with his purchase of “Caravanserai.” At least Baggy didn’t spend too much on that one.

Its always good to have a known source to compare with, and this CD is definitely not Quad encoded.
Good opportunity to give a hearty round of applause 👏 👏👏👏 to the best Quad (and other surround) discography in existence IMO; from what must have been a Herculean and long journey into the unknown, by our very own @Mark Anderson :love:

I utilize his excellent database almost daily!

http://www.surrounddiscography.com/

Back