Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Beatles Blu-ray
VUIrIaR.jpeg

Quadmon, love the picture! Could have taken one in my living room. But noooo! I had to play the SQ while waiting for ASAT.

spinning lately:

Second Childhood - Phoebe Snow SQ
Waterfalls - John Klemmer QS
A Space in Time BD
Sketches of Spain - Miles Monster DVD-V
Waka/Wazoo - Zappa BD
Carnival - Sergio Mendes Japan SQ

Listening now to the new SDE release of Concert For George in Atmos.
Gives you two choices in menu: Atmos and PCM Stereo. The label a tiny bit misleading, there is only one stereo mix, but I get it.
When disc goes in, menu is silent, unlike almost all BLU RAY menus.
It should be considered just an envelope of surround, nothing discrete, however I have not finished the listen.
I own a previous Blu Ray of the concert in 5.1 so I am not interested in any more.
Positive about this is you can work on PC and not have to be bothered with watching anything.
This will be a rare disc where I will not bother to rip. If when again I feel like listening I will just pop in the disc.
R-26459198-1679139561-3736.jpg

Piece of My Heart is extended on the MC layer.

Love how live and buzzy the guitars sound in this that arguably competes with Janis as the focus. This multi channel SACD features four bonus tracks. A very unpolished album that effectively appears live. With the exception of the bonus tracks only "Ball and Chain" was actually recorded live.View attachment 90093

#1's - Elvis DVD-A
Smoke & Mirrors Live - Imagine Dragons BD/CD
Crossroads (2013) (selected tracks) - Clapton, Keb Mo', Taj Mahal, Jeff Beck 2 BD
Love, Devotion & Surrender - Santana/McLaughlin Q8
Pet Sounds - Beach Boys BD from 2nd Pet Sounds box
Music of Victor Herbert - Andre Kostalanetz & Beverly Sills SQ

Listening now to my ripped file of Blu Ray-Tears For Fears-The Tipping Point-Dolby Atmos. I find a lot of releases much better to listen to a month or so later as all the chatter goes away, and it is just me and the music.
This file 24/48 TRU-HD Atmos DR's are 12's, 13, 14's, 15.
SDE #1.
View attachment 90171
I wasn’t a TFF fan in the 80s and it was only because I saw that Steven Wilson was involved that I even gave it the time of day. But this is one of my top albums of last year. I loved the singles before I ever heard the Atmos versions. The Atmos makes it that much better. Glad I managed to get this from SDE.

My understanding is that at least one show from the tour was professionally recorded, so I hope we get a live release soon.

Perry Farrell-The Glitz; The Glamor-6 CD's and 1 Blu Ray-Kind Heaven in 5.1, Stereo and Dolby Atmos, mixed by Perry Farrell.
Very underrated, to the point that QQ does not even have a Poll Thread.
On screen video is very cool and Dolby Atmos is top notch. Released Jan 21, 2021. Beautiful box set with really good personal story/liner notes from Perry. Co Producer-Nuno Bettencourt.
R-17226265-1612287527-2555.jpg

Back