Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

I’d like your impressions on this one P.stache; I don’t own it yet and the Poll thread seems to have mixed opinions on it.
I thought it was quite good. Not too crazy, but definitely expanded the album around the room. The type of music is much different from Phish, focusing more on the style of jamming that Trey Anastasio Band (TAB) does, which is much more horn and vocal focused.

I would say it’s not essential, but worth tracking down if curious

Tubular Bells
The 2003 DVDA mix

Boy is this good. I got this quite awhile back and was disappointed at the time I couldn't find the original quad mix on disc
Have to agree with Baggy on this . If I had remembered this disc and played it recently would not have felt the SDE version was as essential to get.
This just jumps out of all the speakers at all frequency levels....

Tubular Bells
The 2003 DVDA mix

Boy is this good. I got this quite awhile back and was disappointed at the time I couldn't find the original quad mix on disc
Have to agree with Baggy on this . If I had remembered this disc and played it recently would not have felt the SDE version was as essential to get.
This just jumps out of all the speakers at all frequency levels....

After seeing this post, I decided to listen (quickly) to my 2003 DVD-A.... sure enough, it kicks holy ass. I think it DOES sound much better than the Atmos presentation. It is SO crystal clear and those little tinkling bells move around the room with intense clarity. That is missing in the Atmos. The Atmos, those sounds are just sort of floating somewhere, but hard to really pinpoint.

Yes, i’m late to the game and quite poor so have to wait for a bargain to come along, I got this on ebay for £33, which is close to my limit for a set such as this, I will now sell Lennon - Legend to get some of my money back 👍

Gotcha! Sounds like you manage your money, I could learn a lesson on that...

I'm just messin around today, catching up on my ripping.
I notice on QQ, and I am just like you, we get all excited about an upcoming surround and then it is released and POOF, all the chatter gone.
I decided to listen to all old Atmos rips today, they are like fine wine, they are better than when I first listened.
AIR-10,000 Hz Legend-Dolby Atmos.
R-20849782-1636040414-6903.jpg

Back