Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm watching it too,which team are you cheering for?:cool:

I support local footie first ..so for me its Oxford Utd (not a good season)
Then its Manchester Utd ( another indifferent season)
My friend is a Liverpool fan so for him and because its City....
Yep you guessed it ..
Liverpool

Fascinating duel though.

Hip, Hip, Hooray for the UK ...... GREAT PRICE! Especially with VAT removed! AmazonUS w/prime charges me TAX!

pay-poor-tax.jpg

Last edited:
Booka Shade’s BD-A is awesome! I listen in 5.1 but it’s still pure surround heaven...even if it’s not 11th heaven. WOW! :love:
Okay...with all the talk about this album, I placed an order for this disc on Amazon. Then, it hit me. I could go listen to it on Apple Music. Well, I only played about a minute of the first six songs and I was sold. The few songs I heard remind me of Depeche Mode. You know.....the period when they mattered?! :LOL:

Listening to Cut the Strings now. Different, but interesting. Makes me wanna dance! Whoo!!!

Okay...with all the talk about this album, I placed an order for this disc on Amazon. Then, it hit me. I could go listen to it on Apple Music. Well, I only played about a minute of the first six songs and I was sold. The few songs I heard remind me of Depeche Mode. You know.....the period when they mattered?! :LOL:

Listening to Cut the Strings now. Different, but interesting. Makes me wanna dance! Whoo!!!
Yes, it definitely has a Depeche Mode vibe to it. I love EDM and this BD-A mix is fabulous... a gold standard mix. Wish we could get some Pet Shop Boys, Underworld...heck, how about some Madonna, Lady Gaga, Arianna Grande...in surround? I'll be dancing all over the place :love: :love:

Okay ladies and gentlemen, a little curve ball for you.

I'm currently listening to the Blu ray 'Galvany Street' by Booka Shade, through Dolby Atmos.

I've just upgraded my speakers, to an 11.1 format, utilising 30 yr old Wharfdale's for the surround back.

The amp is a Marantz 8012.

I know its not everyone's musical taste but believe me the surround is to die for.

If you are fortunate enough to have this speaker set up (and I was a doubter for a long time), please give it a spin. My head is in overdrive with all them speakers being used to their fullest extent.

I will put on record that this is pure surround heaven.

And if more artists could embrace this genre then, I for one, will happily give them my hard earn't cash.

I do have other releases, after reading the advice from a previous post. But imo this is the one to show how surround can really be heard in this format.

After hammering my ears with 'Imagine' and now this beauty I can honestly say this has been one of the best musical weekends I've had in a while.

I agree, listening to the Boka Shade Atmos soundrack now - and it's excellent.

I use a Yamaha CX-A5100 with Rotel amps, Infinity Kappas in 7.1 and 4 JBL's in the ceiling.

Check out the free Matt Darey downloads i you haven't already:

http://mattdareywolf.com/

Excellent Atmos mixes.

Back