Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive (DVD-A)

I was in my first year of high school when this album came out and the hits were played on AOR to death. With the exception of the single, Show Me The Way, I hated the record with a passion. A year later, I purchased all his solo (studio) albums when I heard I’m in You. Loved his solo collection and Alive eventually grew on me.

Bjork Vespertine 5.1 MLP 48k 24b: Got this a while back and have spun it maybe three times, had a chance to give it my full attention. Though not one I instinctively go to, it does have its charms. Nearly jumped out of my seat when the low bass first hit then I instantly remembered that I had bumped the sub to try to squeeze a little more out of the Nektar Journey to the Centre of the Eye SACD.

Don't the Art titles sound just amazing? It continues to be my favorites....wow!

Yep...when I got them they were fresh to me as I hadn't listened to them...back in the day...I was only familiar with the S&G hit songs....to be candid before I listened to them.. I wasn't expecting much from Art by himself...what a surprise

Birdsong At Morning: A Slight Departure

R-9267290-1477662758-4163.jpeg.jpg

Paul Gilbert - Alligator Farm (DVD-A)
Coaster, beer coaster! The attempt at surround mix is there, but the SQ is outright awful and you have to crank it up +10 db, too. Then you give chance to the 2 Become 1 cover (GTR Spice, anyone?) and it gets much better from there. Still much more listenable than DVD-As by Dokken or Bruce D.
Gonna check the dts track, just in case.

Attachments

• Paul Gilbert.jpg
    Paul Gilbert.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 84
Back