Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My final album for 2019 is a new one for me.....
Xandria
Ravenheart

And what a way to say goodbye to a fantastic surround year.
It rocks and has great use of the rears...

https://www.discogs.com/Xandria-Ravenheart/release/1065664
I will be shortly watching The Jools Holland Hootenanny on Beeb2 tv in surround!!

Ta Ta fellow QQ listeners...see you all in 2020.
TTFN
:rocks:51QQ:rocks

Another 'deluxe' home run from the BeBoppers [DTS 5.1/96/24 PCM Stereo]

81wTaM45CAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This Santana exceeded my expectations. The quad. mix is well balanced and each channel is rich in content:
Nice plucky bass in the phantom center.
Multiple drums in different channels.
Horns that jump out at you.
Ambience from keyboards & flute provided in perfect quantity.
Lead vocals centered and backup in stereo.
The guitar work is outstanding. At times I can't tell for sure which one is Neal Schon.
Despite all this I ended up sad. I couldn't help but dwell on the half-assed way that Lotus turned out.
On a very satisfied positive note....
Hearing this DV shows me how much potential there is for future M/C Santana releases.
MVIMG_20191231_155918.jpg

In to the New Year with a BANG:

View attachment 44977
Bang Bang shoot em up destiny, bang bang shoot em up to the moon 🌝, bang bang shoot em up 1 2 3... er must be the non hung over crowd awake huh 🤔
1 2 3 4- wrong Nilsson, but hey - a guy can dream can’t he?
Never mind- go back to sleep 😴.....

Early in the mornin’ and I can’t do right...

Last edited:
Listened to the CD of Jethro Tull "Stormwatch" in the car all last week to get to know the tunes, and the 2 tracks that stood out as my favorites were "Old Ghosts" and "Flying Dutchman"... today I'm listening to the 5.1, and the surround mixes on those tracks are excellent! Great album and surround mix, although the use of the rears on some tracks is minimal (but luckily not on my favorite tracks :) )

Edit: Just getting into the bonus stuff now... excellent... I really like "Kelpie"; seems like it should have made the album. "A Single Man" is a cool intro piece. "King Henry's Madrigal" is killer... hmm... I think I sense a "A Single Man-King Henry's Madrigal" medley coming soon to Audacity.

Last edited:
This has it all, another symphony sound jazz thrown in. Not a DV twofer. Enjoyable.
View attachment 44943

glad you're enjoying it, no idea what sources they used but doesn't it sound good! 🤩
not a 2-fer per se but the original disc release was spread across 4 sides of vinyl.. and came in a (non-giant box!) box!! 😝

really? 😱 don't remember being wowed by the mix at the time.. 🤔 clearly another one to revisit! 🥳
Man, I've to be careful with my ejaculations (as in the 2nd definition of the word: a short sudden emotional utterance)! My recollection is the reaction was to the bang I got for my buck: 3 SACDs, 160 minutes of music, for >$10. My recollection is that the music was fairly engaging electronica with a chill vibe and that the mix supported the sound. But the real deal for me was the fact that it was a real deal--and that I found it by clicking on QQ links that took me to the page I thought I had linked (I fixed my original post and added the link). I guess I should budget another 3 hours and check it out again! The problem is I'm still soaking in the recent D-V deluge! Talk about bang for my buck!!

Back