Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The patented @edisonbaggins Life in Surround search and purch method works again

1585184873641.png
Jon Lord Beyond the Notes

Really beautiful and engaging and worth seeking out. Only six POLL votes!

So I received a check in the mail today from the U.S. Treasury for a TRILLION DOLLARS. Should I CASH IT?

See the source image

I'll Buy up ALL The major record companies, have Steve Wilson, Elliot Scheiner, Greg Penny and Bob Clearmountain CLONED and everything will be remixed in DISCRETE SURROUND in Hi Res ONLY!

NO foofy lossy DVD~Vs in special POP UP PACKAGING!

Last edited:
I'll Buy up ALL The major record companies, have Steve Wilson, Elliot Scheiner, Greg Penny and Bob Clearmountain CLONED and everything will be remixed in DISCRETE SURROUND in Hi Res ONLY!

NO foofy lossy DVD~Vs in special POP UP PACKAGING!
You’re thinking too small Ralphie! I’d simply buy the rights to all the legacy quad releases and then give hire Michael Dutton to do his magic with the whole lot of them. If you’re talking sci fi then I would go back in time to just before the Universal fire and make sure that it never happened!

Aaron Neville - Nature Boy, The Standards Album SACD 5.1
What a beautiful surround mix, I love it.
View attachment 47851
Scheiner!
Love me some Elliot! Now I have mix envy
1585200830367.png
Spyro Gyra Wrapped in a Dream
Actually, the mix is very good. This completes my Spyro in surround collection. And this one is the lowest on the
POLL, though only six votes and one of their MC SACDs is missing a poll thread.

one or two of the Susan Wong SACDs were pretty cool surround-wise as i recall.. 🤔

if loving you is Wong,
i don't wanna be Rear Right

from a surround pov., the only truly worthwhile one of these three jokers is "511", which if you don't mind a vocals all around mix is very good.

the other two are musically pleasant but most of the time you could get more surroundiness from upmixing.

the "My Live Stories" live disc Rears have faint trails of ambience with very very occasional accents (mostly blink and you'd miss them guitar pluck-age!) and the "Woman In Love" disc has subtle ambience with a few oohs and ahhs dotted around the Rears, more surroundily interesting than the Live disc but not as active as "511" and to me pretty much a waste of the potential of 5.1.

5593C204-02F8-4F00-9EDA-2AD8294585CF.jpeg

if loving you is Wong,
i don't wanna be Rear Right

from a surround pov., the only truly worthwhile one of these three jokers is "511", which if you don't mind a vocals all around mix is very good.

the other two are musically pleasant but most of the time you could get more surroundiness from upmixing.

the "My Live Stories" live disc Rears have faint trails of ambience with very very occasional accents (mostly blink and you'd miss them guitar pluck-age!) and the "Woman In Love" disc has subtle ambience with a few oohs and ahhs dotted around the Rears, more surroundily interesting than the Live disc but not as active as "511" and to me pretty much a waste of the potential of 5.1.

View attachment 47865
Cheers Adam
Always helpful to know which is worth splashing out on!!
Don't want to end up making the Wong decisions. :)

Back