Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can understand why this so high in the polls. Sonically superb. Plus watched Zombie what an incredible transfer whoever did the 4k restoration needs a bonus. Hats off to Blue Underground for showing the bigger studios how its done.

Attachments

• big phat.jpg
    big phat.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 128
  • zombie.jpg
    zombie.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 130
You can understand why this so high in the polls. Sonically superb. Plus watched Zombie what an incredible transfer whoever did the 4k restoration needs a bonus. Hats off to Blue Underground for showing the bigger studios how its done.

Goona, glad to hear you LOVE the 4K transfer of ZOMBIE. Also ordered MANIAC in 4K also from Blue Underground. Both received 5* reviews from both hi def digest and blu~ray.com.

Yes we have Maniac coming in soon, heard thats even better than Zombie. AVS Forum is another good review website. Watching Jaws over the weekend as well as Deer Hunter. Its a great time for 4K Blu ray and Atmos.

Also ordered JAWS as well. Cannot wait. Supposedly even though it received mediocre reviews, Ang Lee's GEMINI MAN [Native UHD4K/ATMOS] was shot at 60 fps and exhibits hyper reality at that frame rate and should be THE go to 4K demo disc. Have you seen it yet?
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Gemini-Man-4K-Blu-ray/252674/#Review

REM,Automatic for the People,Atmos mix.Good music,good fidelity but I was not impressed with the mix. :unsure: Maybe I've been listening to much to Max Cooper and Schiller lately.:cool:

I agree, Good sound fidelity and good guitar sounds from left above on first song. But sometimes I like more some effects that I had on previous DVD-A 5.1

For example, on "Everybody Hurts", one of my favourites, on the DVD-A there is some part at 01:28, that some voice is alternating coming from the rear and with the upmixer it looks like coming also from above-rear. It is a nice effect, alternating with the Stipe frontal voice like if it was a dialogue. BUT, on the Atmos mix this effect has not been mixed that way and all the "verses" are coming from the front. Sometimes in the "bubble" but with little moving effects.

Back