Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One man's ceiling is another man's floor--very grateful to @Monkish for turning me on to this one:
1591227724275.png

I'm LOVING it!
THREAD
https://www.discogs.com/Elis-Tom-Elis-Tom/release/12600643https://www.allmusic.com/album/elis-tom-mw0000654645

Pink Floyd - Meddle 5.1 DTS CD
I'd rather have the original High Def version that I "imagine" was on The Early Years BluRay but so far this is all I can find. It does sound very good to me.
View attachment 46688View attachment 46687
Is this and all of the other Pink Floyd DTS disc, unofficial and are they homemade or factory pressed? Or are they official? Seen a bunch of different PF titles available on eBay. Seems to me that they are unofficial because I've never read that they've actually ever been released. What's the sound quality? Anyone know?

Yesterday I wallowed myself in memories: the Greatest hits of Cat Stevens.
Originally CD4, I felt it lacked a stable center front. So I turned the 4 channels into 5.0, with a much more satisfying result.
Cat Stevens' catalog is not discrete or remixed for surround, but rather "rechanneled for quad" if I am not mistaken, which may explain why it seemed to sound better. Looking for confirmation or opposition to this assertion. :)

Cat Stevens' catalog is not discrete or remixed for surround, but rather "rechanneled for quad" if I am not mistaken, which may explain why it seemed to sound better. Looking for confirmation or opposition to this assertion. :)

All the early ones (Tillerman, Teaser, Catch Bull) are fake, but Foreigner and Buddha and the Chocolate Box are both real discrete quad mixes.

Is this and all of the other Pink Floyd DTS disc, unofficial and are they homemade or factory pressed? Or are they official? Seen a bunch of different PF titles available on eBay. Seems to me that they are unofficial because I've never read that they've actually ever been released. What's the sound quality? Anyone know?
Meddle, from the Immersion box set is DEFINITELY surround...some of the coolest ever, especially evident in the middle of "One of These Days" where the leslie spins around in circles....so cool! From what I've read, Meddle is sort of hidden inside the set.

"All of these songs are about a paucity of truth. At first they may seem to be about other things, but that is just a reflection of how much dishonesty we have accepted in our daily lives. We are raised from birth to believe things that cannot be proven or that are plainly not true. People will often brag of their honesty, when there is so much they have simply chosen to ignore or leave unexamined.The fact is, we are terrified of the truth."
1591307290648.png

POLL

"All of these songs are about a paucity of truth. At first they may seem to be about other things, but that is just a reflection of how much dishonesty we have accepted in our daily lives. We are raised from birth to believe things that cannot be proven or that are plainly not true. People will often brag of their honesty, when there is so much they have simply chosen to ignore or leave unexamined.The fact is, we are terrified of the truth."
View attachment 52143

POLL

WE HOLD THESE TRUTHS TO BE SELF EVIDENT and we all know that Todd Rundgren isn't a RABBIT. Great Discrete Album, masterfully recorded and mixed by Todd, himself!

PF_TLY_BD6.jpg

Of all the various Pink Floyd surround mixes, The Division Bell might be my favorite - it's such an immersive and atmospheric experience. It's also a great example of how convincing phantom front center vocals can be. Major kudos to Andy Jackson.

Back