Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
COTTON MOUTH
The Doobie Brothers ‎ Toulouse Street

TS.jpg

Last edited:
One of my favorite Samplers from Heads Up featuring an amazing and uber discrete version of the Soprano's Theme: Woke Up This Morning. Tony would be proud! Tony Soprano

51VAoz7ZX0L._AC_.jpg

1. Woke Up This Morning - Joe McBride - Joe McBride
2. Extrovertical - Spyro Gyra - Spyro Gyra
3. Sunday Clothes Reprise - Gerald Veasley - Gerald Veasley
4. Time Squared - Yellowjackets - Yellow Jackets
5. Dear Ruby - Philip Bailey - Philip Bailey
6. Wiggle Waggle - Jaco Pastorius Big Band - Jaco Pastorius Big Band
7. Upward Bound - Doc Powell - Doc Powell
8. Turning It Up - Pieces Of A Dream - Pieces of a Dream
9. Eternal Phoenix - Hiroshima - Hiroshima

10. East River Blue - Spyro Gyra - Spyro Gyra

I bought that just to get Woke Up This Morning, I've already got the others I believe in their own releases as it's a compilation disc.

read about this one on this THREAD
1593465430549.png

thanks to @The Bright Side :

Moby - Play - The DVD and 18 DVD + B-Sides (Dolby Digital 5.1, 2001 and 2003) (Both sound great, contain lots of videos, long megamixes, audio-only b-sides, live performances and more. I think they add up to 7-8 hours of music in 5.1 Surround. Mixes range from okay to pretty good. The styles range from trancey (especially the megamixes) to mellow-acoustic (the b-sides on the "18" DVD). Highly recommended,
VERY affordable on discogs:
https://www.discogs.com/Moby-Play-The-DVD/release/182939

View attachment 53299

Moby - Play - The DVD and 18 DVD + B-Sides (Dolby Digital 5.1, 2001 and 2003) (Both sound great, contain lots of videos, long megamixes, audio-only b-sides, live performances and more. I think they add up to 7-8 hours of music in 5.1 Surround. Mixes range from okay to pretty good. The styles range from trancey (especially the megamixes) to mellow-acoustic (the b-sides on the "18" DVD). Highly recommended,
was NOT aware of this one...thank you Clemént!!!

View attachment 53299

IF EVER AN ALBUM BEGGED FOR THE SURROUND TREATMENT, MOBY'S EXCELLENT PLAY IS IT. I have this DVD and while it's enjoyable, even in DD 5.1, there's very little in the rears.

maybe someday i'll find the SACD (POLL) but until then
View attachment 53303
i'm enjoying this DualDisc (
POLL)

I have BOTH and the SACD is definitely BETTER. Saw Duran Duran @ Madison Square Garden years ago and recall poor Simon Le Bon tripped and fell on his ass but the trooper he was, got up never missing a Beat.

LOVED their videos in the early days of MTV. Wish their early albums received the surround treatment.

Last edited:
The BBB Featuring Bernie Dresel - Bern Bern Bern
Just got the BluRay from Bernie's website today, it floored me!
The SQ of the recording is first class, maybe because Bernie is the drummer but the drum sound in great, the brass shimmer of the cymbals is near the best I've ever heard. The immersive soundspace of the Native Auro 3D recording is impressive, I only have a couple Native Auro 3D music recordings but this one has killed them and along with the Atmos ones I've heard. This despite the fact that my overhead ceiling speakers are positioned in the traditional 4 speaker Atmos layout.
Beyond the technology and recording tricks, the music is wonderful. Big Band style with lot's of horns and I'm a horny kind of guy. :p And just a tiny taste of modern techno-jazz mixed in.
I can't recommend this recording highly enough, and at $30 for the BluRay direct from Bernie it's a steal. A couple bucks more if you want a personally signed one.

https://www.berniedresel.com/
folder.png

The BBB Featuring Bernie Dresel - Bern Bern Bern
Just got the BluRay from Bernie's website today, it floored me!
The SQ of the recording is first class, maybe because Bernie is the drummer but the drum sound in great, the brass shimmer of the cymbals is near the best I've ever heard. The immersive soundspace of the Native Auro 3D recording is impressive, I only have a couple Native Auro 3D music recordings but this one has killed them and along with the Atmos ones I've heard. This despite the fact that my overhead ceiling speakers are positioned in the traditional 4 speaker Atmos layout.
Beyond the technology and recording tricks, the music is wonderful. Big Band style with lot's of horns and I'm a horny kind of guy. :p And just a tiny taste of modern techno-jazz mixed in.
I can't recommend this recording highly enough, and at $30 for the BluRay direct from Bernie it's a steal. A couple bucks more if you want a personally signed one.

https://www.berniedresel.com/View attachment 53328
you got me in the mood for some big band jazz!
1593497104197.png
Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band ‎XXL

#5 all-time on the QQ
POLL

Back