Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sticking with Goldfrapp--this one is one of my favorites!
1593725023232.png

i'm incredulous--NO POLL, NO THREAD!
https://www.allmusic.com/album/tales-of-us-mw0002555042

Is it any good!
i straight up ADORE it! i was SO lucky to find the set in Japan a summer ago. Here is what i wrote nearly a year ago:

Can't get enough
Of this sultry stuff
Goldfrapp's Tales Of Us keeps calling me back
In addition to "ethereal" (from my earlier post), seductive, haunting, intimate, lush, breathtaking, sensual, captivating, . . . come to mind. Ima be listening to these noir character sketches for quite some time!

a search of previous postings reveals that @beerking digs it:

A totally beautiful album.....just right to unwind with, before I hit the sack.

Now this one is a totally different experience to me listening devices.
Completely delightlful
You know when you like a record ..now on it's third play!!
Afraid not!! It's their 2013 release Tales of Us.
Which, imo, is completely brilliant.

as does @kap'n krunch:

GOLDFRAPP
TALES OF US
...rainy dusk in the Mile High city.. great soundtrack...
Sounds really good, the strings mostly in the rears and a submersive mix... there's a happy camper here ...this calls for a dancing banana
The mix is REALLY REALLY GOOD...totally enveloping (very different from the "unorthodox yet effective" Supernature SACD/DTS mix), Orchestra is all around you, some voices panning around here and there...VERY elegant...

there are others who also enjoy, but i'm hoping you get the picture! FULL DISCLOSURE: my wife most decidedly does NOT enjoy it; she finds Alison Goldfrapp's breathy vocals affected. C'est la vie; c'est le mariage!

i straight up ADORE it! i was SO lucky to find the set in Japan a summer ago. Here is what i wrote nearly a year ago:

Can't get enough
Of this sultry stuff
Goldfrapp's Tales Of Us keeps calling me back
In addition to "ethereal" (from my earlier post), seductive, haunting, intimate, lush, breathtaking, sensual, captivating, . . . come to mind. Ima be listening to these noir character sketches for quite some time!

a search of previous postings reveals that @beerking digs it:

A totally beautiful album.....just right to unwind with, before I hit the sack.

Now this one is a totally different experience to me listening devices.
Completely delightlful
You know when you like a record ..now on it's third play!!
Afraid not!! It's their 2013 release Tales of Us.
Which, imo, is completely brilliant.

as does @kap'n krunch:

GOLDFRAPP
TALES OF US
...rainy dusk in the Mile High city.. great soundtrack...
Sounds really good, the strings mostly in the rears and a submersive mix... there's a happy camper here ...this calls for a dancing banana
The mix is REALLY REALLY GOOD...totally enveloping (very different from the "unorthodox yet effective" Supernature SACD/DTS mix), Orchestra is all around you, some voices panning around here and there...VERY elegant...

there are others who also enjoy, but i'm hoping you get the picture! FULL DISCLOSURE: my wife most decidedly does NOT enjoy it; she finds Alison Goldfrapp's breathy vocals affected. C'est la vie; c'est le mariage!
I am playing the Tales of Us now Clem, before Oxford play Portsmouth in an important footy game.
It is one of those underated albums here on QQ, that deserves so much more attention.
Each time I play it, I get goosepimples with her incredible singing. the orchestration is divine.
The trouble is, it's a very expensive box set, to get hold of the surround music.
Which is a big shame, as it so deserves a wider audience.
https://www.discogs.com/Goldfrapp-Tales-Of-Us/release/5202690

Last edited:
Back