Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SACD
Awesome 5.1 SACD

Vertigo 9871498

Stereo/Multichannel Hybrid

Pop/Rock

"Brothers in Arms, 20th Anniversary Edition"

Dire Straits:
Mark Knopfler (guitars & vocals)
Alan Clark (keyboards)
Guy Fletcher (keyboards & vocals)
John Illsley (bass & vocals)
Omar Hakim, Terry Williams (drums)

1985 Set Has Sold More Than 9 Million Copies in U.S. Alone, Ranked #351 on Rolling Stone’s List of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time

3030.jpg

OK, here's a little story. When I just started out in surround early 2014 I was a sponge to all the stuff, music, dealers, equipment,etc. One company that stood out above the rest was Acoustic Sounds and they actually had a Blues Concert every year in October. So I got my best friend Brandon from Arkansas who is also a music buff and we went to Salina Kansas. Not much of a town for a big City guy like me, but had the best ribs ever in my life. Needless to say it was a lost weekend, just music and booze, no hookers. Went to Acoustic Sounds for a tour of there place, Chad and the gang are way to heavy into vinyl. Any way we had a blast. So Saturday night is the concert, at the church Blue Heaven Studios, no alcohol allowed but we snuck some in. I am very proud to say that this is the first and only DSD MCH and Stereo Live recording for Blues ever, and I was there. You could see the guys in the booth watching all the recording machines. I guarantee you when you listen and you hear the audience that is me. There was an after party at the main hotel that went onto late after the concert.
I have a poster signed by all. Bernard Allison brought down the house but because of some lawyer stuff this series does not include him. A lot of these cats that I saw in 2014 are now dead. I love the Blues and this little lost weekend in Salina was a great memory.
This MCH series is recorded very well and I strongly recommend for the surround enthusiast, not everything is Beatles and Stones.
Blues At The Crossroads
XBMC2014FULLD64__103763__02192015035404-2034.jpg

OK, here's a little story. When I just started out in surround early 2014 I was a sponge to all the stuff, music, dealers, equipment,etc. One company that stood out above the rest was Acoustic Sounds and they actually had a Blues Concert every year in October. So I got my best friend Brandon from Arkansas who is also a music buff and we went to Salina Kansas. Not much of a town for a big City guy like me, but had the best ribs ever in my life. Needless to say it was a lost weekend, just music and booze, no hookers. Went to Acoustic Sounds for a tour of there place, Chad and the gang are way to heavy into vinyl. Any way we had a blast. So Saturday night is the concert, at the church Blue Heaven Studios, no alcohol allowed but we snuck some in. I am very proud to say that this is the first and only DSD MCH and Stereo Live recording for Blues ever, and I was there. You could see the guys in the booth watching all the recording machines. I guarantee you when you listen and you hear the audience that is me. There was an after party at the main hotel that went onto late after the concert.
I have a poster signed by all. Bernard Allison brought down the house but because of some lawyer stuff this series does not include him. A lot of these cats that I saw in 2014 are now dead. I love the Blues and this little lost weekend in Salina was a great memory.
This MCH series is recorded very well and I strongly recommend for the surround enthusiast, not everything is Beatles and Stones.
Blues At The Crossroads
View attachment 53894

Great story, Markie.....you must've had a blast. Spent 16 months in Kansas in the U.S. Army [at Fort Riley] and loved it. Made some GREAT friends!

As I don't do downloads. much less DSD, really wish Acoustic Sounds would release this set on mch SACD. At least, I did buy up all their Stereo SACD BLUES Recordings when they blew them out for $5 each [IMO, all superb recordings] but this roster of artists seems SPECIAL and deserving of a mch SACD release.

BTW, Markie: Highly Recommend: this new BLUES Hong Kong [pressed in Japan] Stereo SACD from Universal:

BEST PRICE:

https://www.importcds.com/still-got-the-blues-hybrid-sacd/600753905449
71AN212wCwL._SL1280_.jpg

Last edited:
Great story, Markie.....you must've had a blast. Spent 16 months in Kansas in the U.S. Army [at Fort Riley] and loved it. Made some GREAT friends!

As I don't do downloads. much less DSD, really wish Acoustic Sounds would release this set on mch SACD. At least, I did buy up all their Stereo SACD BLUES Recordings when they blew them out for $5 each [IMO, all superb recordings] but this roster of artists seems SPECIAL and deserving of a mch SACD release.

BTW, Markie: Highly Recommend: this new BLUES Hong Kong [pressed in Japan] Stereo SACD from Universal:

BEST PRICE:

https://www.importcds.com/still-got-the-blues-hybrid-sacd/600753905449
71AN212wCwL._SL1280_.jpg
Yes siree Ralphie, I got it a couple of weeks ago, agreed sounds great.
I didn’t know of it’s release until a couple of months ago I saw it in HRAudio.net.

The Alan Parsons Project - Ammonia Avenue; BDA 5.1

Man, if there’s a better surround song than Pipeline released in 2020, I haven’t heard it. Simply everything a fantastic 5.1 mix should encompass: all speaker engagement, immersion, fidelity, punch, and presence. WOW!

Definitely my surround demo song for any fence straddles should this stinkin’ virus ever allow me to have visitors again!

Back