Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8337C33C-8CEB-4CA9-B757-A93BFEC375FB.jpeg

Strauss - Also Sprach Zarathustra
Quadraphone mix
DUTTON EPOCH sacd
All I can say: WOW!

right!? a POLL thread for Love, Fear and the Time Machine but none for Wasteland . . . i know it's unrealistic to get a POLL thread for every release, but when a band has more than one surround mix and when a release generates a rather lengthy THREAD, it would be nice to get a POLL . . . of course it's easy for me to write that--i don't have to do anything but reap the benefits of all the hard work the mods do. i REALLY do appreciate all of the hard work that goes into keeping this site up and running--it's a real gift to me as a multichannel pseudo-maven!

right!? a POLL thread for Love, Fear and the Time Machine but none for Wasteland . . . i know it's unrealistic to get a POLL thread for every release, but when a band has more than one surround mix and when a release generates a rather lengthy THREAD, it would be nice to get a POLL . . . of course it's easy for me to write that--i don't have to do anything but reap the benefits of all the hard work the mods do. i REALLY do appreciate all of the hard work that goes into keeping this site up and running--it's a real gift to me as a multichannel pseudo-maven!
The key is to PM the mods. I've said it 1000 times. I've been denied 0% of the time.

Just listened to about 5 minutes of the Dutton Zarathustra and it uses the sub very very nicely for the low organ note in the beginning. The horns are natural and clear. And the BUM bum BUM bum BUM bum drum is detailed, disctinct and and discreet as it seems to be coming out of the front left speaker. I think this one is going to be a winner. Can't wait til I have the time to hear the rest.

Just listened to about 5 minutes of the Dutton Zarathustra and it uses the sub very very nicely for the low organ note in the beginning.
Do you mean the woofers of the 4 speakers? When I listened to the MCH programme on that disc yesterday (for the first time), I did not even switch on my active sub because it was supposed to be the original quad mix (4.0) and not a 5.1 programme. Is there some filtered contents in the LFE channel?

Back