Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the other Parsons

parsons thibaud.jpg

Barenaked Ladies maroon dvda

Spinning thru Sony x800 as transport into oppo 103 hdmi in cuz for some reason the 103 doesn't like this disc, ??? Plays fine in 203 n sony ?

Ive now got 3 players hooked up in system n my 203 is boxed
Oppo 103
Sony X800
Sony dvp nc80v sacd/dvd/cd to be used for sacd only

Those 70's remix engineers surely knew what they were doing and of course didn't have the DECODING technology at the time to render their efforts convincingly...

...but that's exactly why they did what they did. The aggressive corner panning on CBS' quad mixes was done to service the limitations of early SQ decoders. It may not have been effective in the '70s, but CBS' adoption of the SQ matrix led to the creation of some of the best surround mixes of all time. The greatest irony of today's discrete formats is that they actually give engineers the freedom to create more conservative surround mixes.

...but that's exactly why they did what they did. The aggressive corner panning on CBS' quad mixes was done to service the limitations of early SQ decoders. It may not have been effective in the '70s, but CBS' adoption of the SQ matrix led to the creation of some of the best surround mixes of all time. The greatest irony of today's discrete formats is that they actually give engineers the freedom to create more conservative surround mixes.
irony for sure, and a freakin' bane to our listening enjoyment here 🤕 and tell me why o' why did Sony feel the need to release the SACD of the live "LOTUS" when so many other titles would have been much more satisfying (especially within the Santana catalog)... :unsure:

irony for sure, and a freakin' bane to our listening enjoyment here 🤕 and tell me why o' why did Sony feel the need to release the SACD of the live "LOTUS" when so many other titles would have been much more satisfying (especially within the Santana catalog)... :unsure:

FYI, Pupster🐶,

Kamala itself is a name that means “lotus” or “pale red” in Sanskrit !!!!!

THE MORE YOU KNOW!

N thats why im really drawn to the QUAD mixes, I dont want my surround to be "conservative" i want discrete active immersive mixes!

Back