Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what format is this?
i can only find a CD release 👀

folks - sorry about that. the discs I listed were from the deep dark library shelf. Just checked. This item is not surround, not high res. I think somewhere some reseller fooled me into thinking it was. And shame on me. I remember playing that way back in time. How I did not catch this !!

folks - sorry about that. the discs I listed were from the deep dark library shelf. Just checked. This item is not surround, not high res. I think somewhere some reseller fooled me into thinking it was. And shame on me. I remember playing that way back in time. How I did not catch this !!
Don’t sweat 😓 it; what about that Grace Jones BD?

Got in the mail yesterday, and just about to fire it up. Being TACET, I'm sure the 5.1 is phenomenal!

Attachments

• Rugen.jpg
    Rugen.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 267
maybe the last time i have to "grin and clamp it".... 🤞

Stampede : The Doobie Brothers

5D86F39F-794D-450D-878F-582212D0F2D9.jpeg

3A1C6404-470C-49B8-A28D-30CACD74F037.jpeg

(QuadraDisc, pressed off-centre in 1975, its wee little hole reamed out by moi to make it slightly less off-centre in 2016 to celebrate its 41st anniversary and demodulated in 2020 on a Marantz CD-400B after lining up the disc so it spins a bit less.. eccentrically. phew! that flippin' Quadio Blu-ray can't come soon enough! the alternative's a lot of effort! 😝🤣

maybe the last time i have to "grin and clamp it".... 🤞

Stampede : The Doobie Brothers

View attachment 55274

View attachment 55275

(QuadraDisc, pressed off-centre in 1975, its wee little hole reamed out by moi to make it slightly less off-centre in 2016 to celebrate its 41st anniversary and demodulated in 2020 on a Marantz CD-400B after lining up the disc so it spins a bit less.. eccentrically. phew! that flippin' Quadio Blu-ray can't come soon enough! the alternative's a lot of effort! 😝🤣

Guess your real name is Jed, Jed Clampett then 🤠

jed clampett.jpg

I have been so into all the latest 5.1 mixes recently that I got the impulse to go semi-retro to 20 years ago and enjoy Britney Spears first 5.1 DVD release that wasn't glorified stereo. I was pleasantly reminded how aggressive they were collapsing it to mono and then back to 5.1 for effect. Not the best but cool.
2020-08-16 16.02.05.jpg2020-08-16 16.02.30.jpg

Back