Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some amazing arrangements on this one and the mix is really solid with superb fidelity.
From the great Gerbino Quad collection.

R-2687824-1600042323-9211.jpeg.jpg

Mike Oldfield Five Miles Out

<edit> sounds good, a bit creepy having a still of Mike giving me the stink eye while I listen.

Last edited:
Reactions: GOS
Fleetwood Mac Tusk 5.1

On a sidenote im thinking about picking up the boxset 1969-74 for the christine mcvie n bob welch older songs although in that format known as cd stereo

Any comments on this recently released stereo cd set???
I picked up this bargain import 5-CD set a few years back for less than $18 to cover that era. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008MMFBQ6

That new Rhino box looks like a major upgrade with the unreleased concert, more discs & bonus tracks.
It is, the sticker says 6 CDs remastered on CD for the first time, with a lot of bonus tracks (non-LP singles) and the 1974 live for KSAN Radio. I've only listened to "On Play On" so far (it is the same 2013 remaster I have already by the looks of it). One Steve Woolard (well known here!) our Quadio friend had a big hand in its production, and it shows (y) the CDs are in reproduction sleeves exactly like the LPs (so if the original had an insert so do they). It is good value, the only other one I had from the set was the original CD release of "Mystery To Me".

It is, the sticker says 6 CDs remastered on CD for the first time, with a lot of bonus tracks (non-LP singles) and the 1974 live for KSAN Radio. I've only listened to "On Play On" so far (it is the same 2013 remaster I have already by the looks of it). One Steve Woolard (well known here!) our Quadio friend had a big hand in its production, and it shows (y) the CDs are in reproduction sleeves exactly like the LPs (so if the original had an insert so do they). It is good value, the only other one I had from the set was the original CD release of "Mystery To Me".

IMO, Dunc, this would've been a GREAT opportunity to release this set on BD~A, albeit in 192/24 Stereo since just about all modern remasters have been transferred digitally in that resolution from the analogue master tapes. I should receive this set soon, but having been a rabid fan of early FM, a missed opportunity, IMO!

Back