Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got my new Denon AVR in (the correct one this time (y)) and set up, fixed my issues with my foobar2000 (which has been fubar for a while) and am now once again enjoying the fruits of my multichannel discs and files again!

First file:
View attachment 56483
View attachment 56484

...Oh and YEEHAW!!!
Dude... git that Top cover art attached to the files for da Foooooobarrrr :geek:

Dude... git that Top cover art attached to the files for da Foooooobarrrr :geek:

I would but it won't let me add cover art to the ISO file I am playing and I 'm to lazy to figure it out works fine for flac and the like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ seems like it used to work, can't remember, just gettin' old I guess. My mind is like a steel trap.....with all the springs missing :sleep:

This one continues to amaze
1600541779112.png
MARY FAHL
from the dark side of the moon

POLL

Hows the Atmos sound?.
I played back this disc again today and compared the various surround options, I feel the ATMOS mix doesn’t have a lot of discrete instrument information In the height channels. It is not an adventurous mix for the most parts (other than the intro count in) but it does expand the sound field up and around you. The surround channels are used nearly all of the time with supporting instruments in the mix, but your attention is directed mainly towards the front.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m trying to describe the ATMOS mix. This disc sounds wonderful. The band is recorded and mixed beautifully. You are surrounded by the music Really the only thing I might criticize Is the low bass is mixed a little loudly for me on the drums but this is a great sounding disc.

I think I repeat what others have said.
The alternative bonus versions sound much better. Those rear percussion sounds and good voice mix in front!
As those versions are not very strong, it is the first time I have listened to a fairly high volume level. How good my system sounds with this album!!
View attachment 56446
The, what I think are, marimbas on this disc and particularly the alternate tracks make me want to here Security in surround.

Last edited:
Back