Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Gordian Knot - again;
seriously, this is incredible!!!

View attachment 56506

OK, OK .... WE GET IT!

But Get this rip off price:

https://www.amazon.com/Gordian-Knot...ords=pure+audio+blu+ray&qid=1600566664&sr=8-3
BTW, NEVER knew TELARC has a Big Phat BAND SHM~CD:

https://www.importcds.com/life-in-the-bubble/4988005823366
Also available as a 96/24 download from Acoustic Sounds

https://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=results&searchtext=big+phat+band

Last edited:
Acoustic Seal
Amazing sound, and only 44.1 res. - yes it can sound great!
*Anyone ever notice how similar this pose looks to the Yves Saint Laurent Logo?

SEAL.jpg

Soothing Sunday morning music.

Werner Müller And His Orchestra ‎– Learn To Love (on the beach with sand creeping up your bum)*

R-7048035-1432503888-3780.jpeg.jpg

* that part of the title was generously added by me

Werner's arrangement for the Theme From The Godfather (Speak Softly Now) is unbelievably amazing and makes the song sound like a theme for a James Bond movie (starts at 1:30 in the clip below). You'd think John Barry had arranged that one with how the brass section works the groove. Solid Quad mix on this one, much like many of the Phase 4 Quads. Love that drum sound Man!

Last edited:
Soothing Sunday morning music.

Werner Müller And His Orchestra ‎– Learn To Love (on the beach with sand creeping up your bum)*

R-7048035-1432503888-3780.jpeg.jpg

* that part of the title was generously added by me

Werner's arrangement for the Theme From The Godfather (Speak Softly Now) is unbelievably amazing and makes the song sound like a theme for a James Bond movie (starts at 1:30 in the clip below). You'd think John Barry had arranged that one with how the brass section works the groove. Solid Quad mix on this one, much like many of the Phase 4 Quads. Love that drum sound Man!

Simon, wonder why Dutton Vocalion has never released any of the more than 2 dozen Phase Four QUAD albums on SACD? D~V certainly released a ton of Phase Four 2~Fer RBCDs in the past.

Simon, wonder why Dutton Vocalion has never released any of the more than 2 dozen Phase Four QUAD albums on SACD? D~V certainly released a ton of Phase Four 2~Fer RBCDs in the past.

I think the reason is simple yet disappointing. They've already released these titles on Stereo CDs during the 2000's so issuing them again as SACDs might not prove to be as lucrative for them as other titles which they have not released previously. It's a shame as I was hoping they'd do it again by releasing two Chaquito Philips Quads from Japan (4DX-42 - Chaquito Big Band 'Action Hits By Dynamic Brass' & 4DX-51 - Chaquito 'A Man Called Ironside') but they haven't done it so far.

R-2852015-1505076545-1956.jpeg.jpg

Here's the Stereo CD two-fer containing the Werner Müller Learn To Love album:

R-6478868-1538497769-3636.jpeg.jpg

listening to the bluray of the Beatles White Album in mono!
Actually it does synthesize to surround to the rear speakers
An interesting listen.

So, I purchased a bluray of Blue Oyster Cult. It's a 45th Anniversary Live In London. It's Dolby 5.1, yet the audio quality is really super. Very punchy and dynamic, I'd say. I'd also say, the surround is damn good quality as the soundstage to my ears is nice and wide. Great bottom end, excellent fidelity. No frills visually but it's super quality video, and you do get original members Eric Bloom and Donals Buck Dharma Roeser.

I've spent a hell of a lot more and got a lot less. This may be the very best BOC that I've heard. (concert that is) Not too much emotion from the band, but regardless...if you're a fan of the music, I think this is one to get.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088GJHGJG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Editorial Reviews
In 2017, the mighty Blue Öyster Cult celebrated their 45th Anniversary with a run of festival and headline dates across the UK and Europe. The band's appearance in London at the O2 Indigo at the Stone Free Festival on June 17th started with a unique performance of BOC's first album in its entirety, a celebration of the 45th anniversary of it’s release. In addition, the band added some classic and very special songs to the set. The full show was recorded and videotaped in 4K UHD. This another one of a kind archival release which fans cannot miss!

Back