Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one holds the record for the most money i've paid, but i'm mos' def' getting my money's worth! Still loving it--there's just

1600635562512.png
No Other Gene Clark

POLL

So, I purchased a bluray of Blue Oyster Cult. It's a 45th Anniversary Live In London. It's Dolby 5.1, yet the audio quality is really super. Very punchy and dynamic, I'd say. I'd also say, the surround is damn good quality as the soundstage to my ears is nice and wide. Great bottom end, excellent fidelity. No frills visually but it's super quality video, and you do get original members Eric Bloom and Donals Buck Dharma Roeser.

I've spent a hell of a lot more and got a lot less. This may be the very best BOC that I've heard. (concert that is) Not too much emotion from the band, but regardless...if you're a fan of the music, I think this is one to get.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088GJHGJG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Editorial Reviews
In 2017, the mighty Blue Öyster Cult celebrated their 45th Anniversary with a run of festival and headline dates across the UK and Europe. The band's appearance in London at the O2 Indigo at the Stone Free Festival on June 17th started with a unique performance of BOC's first album in its entirety, a celebration of the 45th anniversary of it’s release. In addition, the band added some classic and very special songs to the set. The full show was recorded and videotaped in 4K UHD. This another one of a kind archival release which fans cannot miss!
I think the last time I saw BOC was at Sofia Gardens Pavilion (in Cardiff, Wales) in November 1979 (I had to look it up on line)!

Reactions: GOS
a little jazz on a Sunday evening

View attachment 56556

is this the DTS-CD you're playing or the redbook with Shure Surround encoding?

its a leading question because i've enjoyed the (((Surround Sound))) encoded redbook for a number of years and have been recently toying with picking up the DTS CD in case its a worthwhile upgrade.

thanks in advance 🙂

is this the DTS-CD you're playing or the redbook with Shure Surround encoding?

its a leading question because i've enjoyed the (((Surround Sound))) encoded redbook for a number of years and have been recently toying with picking up the DTS CD in case its a worthwhile upgrade.

thanks in advance 🙂

This has been an elusive title for me. I ordered it years ago through Amazon and somehow my order was canceled. Found this enticing price through 5.1 marketing which sells off DTS CDs but the site is currently under 'reconstruction' and prohibits ordering at this time. Really want this disc as it also features saxophonist Dave Koz Image result for dave koz musician p-hotos

https://www.fortune3.com/~comp72048/JAZZ_R_B_BIG_BAND-STEVE_REID_Bamboo_Forest_Mysteries.html

Last edited:
So, I purchased a bluray of Blue Oyster Cult. It's a 45th Anniversary Live In London. It's Dolby 5.1, yet the audio quality is really super. Very punchy and dynamic, I'd say. I'd also say, the surround is damn good quality as the soundstage to my ears is nice and wide. Great bottom end, excellent fidelity. No frills visually but it's super quality video, and you do get original members Eric Bloom and Donals Buck Dharma Roeser.

I've spent a hell of a lot more and got a lot less. This may be the very best BOC that I've heard. (concert that is) Not too much emotion from the band, but regardless...if you're a fan of the music, I think this is one to get.
I’ll have to search for a streaming version of this release. I still play BÖC a lot. I enjoy listening to two new songs from their forthcoming album, The Symbol Remains. I see that there are only two original members left in the band but the other current long time members seem like a good replacement. The drummer kicks ass on one of the new songs sung by Buck Dharma called Box in My Head.

1600647056687.jpeg

Couldn't find a POLL thread or any other dedicated thread, but I found the DTS CD!
View attachment 56566 Joe Cocker Night Calls
https://www.allmusic.com/album/night-calls-mw0000675304
I dislike the mix on this; especially my favorite song on there - You've Got To Hide Your Love Away.
One of the main problems for me on this dts mix has always been the castration of the wonderful and powerful Choral singers.
On the dts version it sounds like a Mickey Mouse show compared to the stereo CD mix.

This title sounds pretty good. Fidelity is good, maybe, ever so slightly bright......only a nitpick. The surround is safe, but semi-immersive. Has some jamming moments. Good stuff really.

View attachment 56545
And this is why I love looking through this thread. Never knew that The Cardigans had a multichannel release! Yet another one for the want list... (Oh, just looked at discogs and its expensive. :( Maybe one day...)

Oh and Clement... 💅 uh, you need to listen to the Pupster on this sort of thing; I'm mostly right at least 50% of the time 👌
I put your mostly right rating much closer to triple digits! You are a go-to source of information and recommendation. The thing is, the Cocker disc was under $2! And that includes tax (brick and mortar store score)! I couldn't pass it up! Thanks for all you do--Stay Surrounded, Comrade!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088GJHGJG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Editorial Reviews
In 2017, the mighty Blue Öyster Cult celebrated their 45th Anniversary with a run of festival and headline dates across the UK and Europe. The band's appearance in London at the O2 Indigo at the Stone Free Festival on June 17th started with a unique performance of BOC's first album in its entirety, a celebration of the 45th anniversary of it’s release. In addition, the band added some classic and very special songs to the set. The full show was recorded and videotaped in 4K UHD. This another one of a kind archival release which fans cannot miss!
I might have to also put this one on the want list. I love their first album and I sampled it on Spotify and it sounds pretty good.

Reactions: GOS
Back