Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ahh.. clearly all the praising in the world couldn't mobilise more of the membership to check out this beautiful Blu-ray Audio.. and we wonder why we get the "same old, same old" in surround..
I bought it on recommendations here on QQ,but I never played it through even once,I just could not stand the music.

ahh.. clearly all the praising in the world couldn't mobilise more of the membership to check out this beautiful Blu-ray Audio.. and we wonder why we get the "same old, same old" in surround..

I bought that(like many titles)based on your praise...and I liked it...but I do remember it being hard to buy...distribution wasn't very wide....

I bought that(like many titles)based on your praise...and I liked it...but I do remember it being hard to buy...distribution wasn't very wide....

it was indeed a toughie to track down Mr.E, which was unfortunate and doubtless didn't help its chances of getting more recognition here at QQ, etc.. i guess like so much of the more obscure surround stuff its now gone the way of the dodo and is no longer in the wild.. in spite of all that, to me it was worth the effort and didn't require quite as much hard work or hard-earned $$ to acquire as some of the surround music i've endured, i mean enjoyed, over the years :SB ๐Ÿ˜œ

Andy Williams : Andy

stiff competition when a geezer's got over half a dozen quality Quads to his name but this last one of Andy Williams' from 1976 is his best imho. a delightful set of songs, some solid vocals from the man himself couched in lovely arrangements, a beautiful sounding recording with impeccable production touches, the unmistakable strains of Kim Carnes' backing vocals pepper the music oh and did i mention the surround mix is fantastic ..by this point CBS had really got this multichannel music mixing lark sussed i reckon, though the disc gives no specific Quad mixing credit so we don't know exactly which of their Quad guys did it, the results speak for themselves; no flashiness, no gimmicks, just some of the most sumptuous surround sound i've yet to hear, pouring out of the speakers, its an out and out easy listening Quad gem ๐Ÿฅฐ

"groovin'
on a Sunday afternoon,
groovin'
couldn't get away too soon,
there ain't no place i'd like to be instead of..
groovin'.."

:51QQ

Running on Empty
Jackson Browne
DVD Audio

ROE DVD-A 500x500.jpg

Back