Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some fantastic playing in Olympus Mons... wow Rick's on fire!!! ๐ŸŽน๐Ÿงโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ”ฅ

flicking back and forth between the Stereo
and the 5.1, the Stereo certainly has more warmth, stuff like cymbal crashes etc are less splashy than the 5.1.. but its so easy to get swept away by the wonderful music and stop caring about the codec (or even the mix! at one point, horror of horrors, i was rocking out to the Stereo by accident thinking it wasn't very good surround!! haha...) ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

also, while the 5.1's not a showy mix, with no panning tricks etc, it is an honest representation and opens up everything nicely, so i'll probably stick with the surround when listening to this, Dulby Dirge-it-all and all.

if there's a QQ Poll put up for this one, i'll be voting high :smokin

Last edited:
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

1603287987147.png 1603288045568.png

It's been way too long since I've listened to this album.

The VI Wives Of 'Enry The 'Ayfth

(Japanese-y lemon squeeze-y CD-4-y)

all this spanky new Wank Rickman Mars bar anal probe listening fun has inspired me to dust off one of his olden golden slumbers numbers in ye olde quadderaphonickke from ye olden golden days of rock 'n roll in the nineteenseventeeees...

that big blondy wizard sure plays a mean keyboard! ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ๐ŸŽน๐Ÿ’ž

my favourite tracks... ๐Ÿค”

in no particular order;

beheaded, divorced, died, beheaded, divorced, survived.

marvellous! ๐Ÿคฉ time for a celebratory pint ๐Ÿป

The VI Wives Of 'Enry The 'Ayfth

(Japanese-y lemon squeeze-y CD-4-y)

all this spanky new Wank Rickman Mars bar anal probe listening fun has inspired me to dust off one of his olden golden slumbers numbers in ye olde quadderaphonickke from ye olden golden days of rock 'n roll in the nineteenseventeeees...

that big blondy wizard sure plays a mean keyboard! ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ๐ŸŽน๐Ÿ’ž

my favourite tracks... ๐Ÿค”

in no particular order;

beheaded, divorced, died, beheaded, divorced, survived.

marvellous! ๐Ÿคฉ time for a celebratory pint ๐Ÿป

Me too, 2015 Quad DTS DVDA/V
DSC_0780.JPG

and glistening to now.. that gleaming king of the double entendre, Mr. Eargasmic himself, coming atchya from all d'erections with a Johnnie Taylor 2-fer (not like that) the man who put the in into innuendo... (oh shit, the intro went on so long the record's finished!) as the song goes, let's start it all over again :p

"shake it up,
shake it down,
shake it all a-bloody round,
disco lady"

WOOOOOOO!!!!! :SB

The Myths And Legends Of King Arfur And The Knights Of The Round Table Quad 2015 DTS DVDA/V. I'm sure many of the themes he uses in 6 wives are repeated on this one.
View attachment 58290

woah yeah it ain't Arf'good! the mix on Merlin The Magician is a total hoot! the next time someone slags off the A&M Quad mixers Bert Chianti & Ernie Bernstein, direct them to this one, its fantabulous! :SB

not sure if Scheiner is the best example?
if you take his whole surround career he's somewhat format agnostic, his 5.1 mixing work has been issued every which way; BD, DTS CD, SACD, DVD-A, DVD-V, DualDisc..

he started out with lossy DTS because that was all there was at the time but soon began championing DVD-Audio and as we know eventually became one of its biggest proponents with his ELS Acura system.

that said, how often did even top man Scheiner get a say in which format his 5.1 work should be delivered in? probably not as often as we might think... ๐Ÿค”

where were we?
oh yeah, i'm really enjoying this new Rick Wakeman! Arsia Mons is a MONS-TAH..!! ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜

You are probably right that he might not be the most prolific user...but he is certainly the most prominent:)

Back