Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I patiently anticipate surround mix releases of Pyramid, I Robot, The Turn of a Friendly Card, Eve ...

Don't Answer Me
Ammonia Avenue
The Alan Parsons Project
Blu-ray, 1984/2020

View attachment 58593
1603896728691.jpeg

Bilham Cobly : "Spectrum"

(SACD)

i enjoy this more and more with every play.. its astounding the better part of this Quad mix was left on the shelf for four decades! 😱

you know, it may even be my favourite release of all Audio Fidelity's Quadraphonic SACD releases 💘

For me it was an "acquired" taste...it took a while

Bilham Cobly : "Spectrum"

(SACD)

i enjoy this more and more with every play.. its astounding the better part of this Quad mix was left on the shelf for four decades! 😱

you know, it may even be my favourite release of all Audio Fidelity's Quadraphonic SACD releases 💘
I LOVE Stratus. Such an easy listening jam once it gets going. Bummer this is one of those expensive OOP titles.

I LOVE Stratus. Such an easy listening jam once it gets going. Bummer this is one of those expensive OOP titles.

i love so much of the work of Billy Cobham in any format, truth be told i could spend an evening with him in pure Mono.. but the unreleased Quad mix of this album is to me truly exceptional.. the drumwork takes Centre stage (which feels right and just as it should) but each Rear channel puts the spotlight on artists the ilk of Jan Hammer, Tommy Bolin, Joe Farrell.. the talent on display is mesmerising.. for me the surround mix creates the most exceptional 3D soundstage, its beautiful, i love it.

Back