Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although I've always loved music I was indeed a late entrant into the hi rez/surround world...and I had to pay my dues...those titles that early adopters paid $20 for I paid $100 or more...but it was worth it...I lurked on here for several years before joining....Gos and I were buds on another forum...mostly into video at that time...Gos joined in 2013 so I followed a year later....I had to use the polls in the early days to find out what I wanted to purchase...plus help from members like fredblue on what discs to buy...it's been a great ride...I must admit that OLED and advances in video are pulling me back to video again...once my situation changes(being a caregiver for my sister)I will probably jump head first in the video waters again...but I won't abandon hi rez/surround music...not a chance..

good to have you here, "still alive and well" and posting ahoy Mr. Eastwood! πŸ€—
hope all's well with you? you're a great fellow and a fine upstanding member! πŸ₯° πŸ’–

Yes, laying out the big bucks for OOP titles hurts but, as time goes on, your collection becomes more and more valuable (not that you’re looking to sell). I was fortunate enough to have a Circuit City(remember them?) up the street, plus I had one of the earlier OPPOs so life was good. Like you, I’m a lifelong music fan and album collector. Truth be told, however, I got into surround through watching videos. I soon learned that there was music out there in surround and figured, why not give it a try? Most of the videos I own are music documentaries or live concerts, however, I do have a small collection of movie dramas. Anyway, all roads lead to Rome, and where would we all be without super helpful guys like Adam?

in the words of Kevin Costner, "i just happened to be there when the wheels went round" 😊

or maybe it was Kevin Spacey, in which case i'll get me coat πŸ‘€πŸ’…πŸ™ƒ

ANDRE KNOCKS IT OUT OF THE BULL PEN WITH THIS GORGEOUS DISCRETE 2~FER FROM THE [NOW] NASCENT WIZARD of WATFORD who I'm sure has more tricks up his sleeve than Houdini!

81c67YOKBXL._AC_SL1208_.jpg

Last edited:
Back in the early 00's, I cannot recall the vendor but they were selling DVD~A's for under $14 and I couldn't buy them fast enough. Wish I had jumped into the SACD bandwagon at the same time but I had invested heavily in DVD~Audio hardware. Silly me, I should've realized that SONY'S deep[er] pockets would've eventually triumphed as to this day the SACD format has endured. Fortuitously, I did play catchy uppy with SACD although I do lack some of those coveted multi channel SACDs from the early 00's. I technically joined QQ Forum in 2013 but NEVER posted until January 2015 when SA~CD.net's forum ceased and went 'commercial,' at the behest of fredblue [ADAM] who convinced me to actively post.

It's certainly been a joyous ride and should be evident to us all that QQ forum has advanced that shot heard 'round the world to the audio community. Albums we'd never imagine would receive the surround treatment have been and will be released in surround and now with Dolby Atmos, a whole new era is upon us.

As for paying $100 and up for OOP DVD~!A/SACD software ...... NAY! And I've even seen QR reels priced on ebay at upwards of $1K which back in the day I paid under $15 for BRAND NEW. Rather spend the $$$ on UPGRADING my equipment [which I HAVE] and continue to collect UHD4K films, some of which have been deliciously priced at under $8!!!!!

And as we enter this new year, MOST of us quarantining, what better way to wile away the time than revisiting those surround treasures especially those which have remained unopened and look forward to pre~announced surround titles from both the majors ... and the 'minors.'

Life IS Good!
Geez, now there’ll be no living with Adam!

Geez, now there’ll be no living with Adam!

i tried to lure a number of like-minded surroundophiles over to QQ from sa-cd.net..!! it was a slog but some of us made it.. in the end, even the 4-earredwonder, Rammiepie.. joined our ranks.. and eventually posted in anger!! πŸ˜‚

Back