Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Herbie Hancock GERSHWIN'S WORLD [VERVE/MULTICHANNEL SACD/Remixed into 5.1 by Al Schmitt] A Glorious Celebration of Gershwin's legacy with some surprise Guest artists

https://www.discogs.com/Herbie-Hancock-Gershwins-World/release/8581269

R-8581269-1464537291-2453.jpeg.jpg

Steven Wilson ‎– To The Bone
Blu-ray 5.1 mix

"First issue to address: `To The Bone' is NOT a pop album. But it does contain some obviously poppy moments scattered throughout it.
Sometimes reminiscent of mid-period `Stupid Dream/Lightbulb Sun'-era Porcupine Tree with their indie-rock crossover appeal.
Exceptionally well inspired and very artistic rock music. Approachable hooks, highly polished and emotive instrumental work, interesting & creative songwriting, and some quietly optimistic lyrics"

IMG_20210125_180103.jpg
IMG_20210125_180232.jpg

Mike Oldfield- Tubular Bells 2003

Fun re-recording of his classic. Great 5.1 mix IMO. John Cleese as the announcer hams it up.

I learned from perusing these boards that Oldfield released a number of his albums in 5.1 a few years ago. Bummer that I didn’t know that. They’re all OOP now and outrageously expensive on the used market.

Mike Oldfield- Tubular Bells 2003

Fun re-recording of his classic. Great 5.1 mix IMO. John Cleese as the announcer hams it up.

I learned from perusing these boards that Oldfield released a number of his albums in 5.1 a few years ago. Bummer that I didn’t know that. They’re all OOP now and outrageously expensive on the used market.

EFB, CDJapan is listing three Mike Oldfield 2 SHM~CD/DVD~V 5.1 deluxe versions released in December of 2020. [first three listed are the remasters]:

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/searches?term.media_format=&q=mike+oldfield
ALL ARE LIMITED EDITIONS

Last edited:
This is the Analogue Productions 2016 5.1 version, the so called corrected phase version vs the Japanese 2014 5.1 version.
Both are good, and it really takes some ears to tell the difference, and in my case I needed pen and paper.
I am certainly not as good as some of these whiz kids that belong to QQ.
R-8474210-1572165411-8825.jpeg.jpg

Back