Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the Analogue Productions 2016 5.1 version, the so called corrected phase version vs the Japanese 2014 5.1 version.
Both are good, and it really takes some ears to tell the difference, and in my case I needed pen and paper.
I am certainly not as good as some of these whiz kids that belong to QQ.
View attachment 62249
I'm no audiophile, but the AP version takes the cake!

Really Good. 24/96 DTS-DVD-A surround 5.1.
R-15808526-1606505059-1995.jpeg.jpg
R-15808526-1606505230-5704.jpeg.jpg

OK, what better way for me to make a musical shift, I have enjoyed all the Prog and Pop I have listened to lately, but now I am fucking sick of it.
Time to listen to my true love, Hard Rock and Metal, this DVD-A 5.1 24/96, is a charm on the necklace.
View attachment 62254
Haven't treated myself to MH in years, todays the day. :)

Discrete and Sweet Eugene Pao Project LIVE at Drama Theater {Hong Kong Academy for the Performing Arts} I have the multichannel SACD version. Pic is the DTS version. Eugene Pao is one of Hong Kong's premier guitarists.

MI0000842495.jpg

I just listened to the new Fish, "Weltschmerz," which I got in the mail earlier today. So for comparison, right now I'm listening to the SACD of Marillion's "FEAR" from a few years ago.

I think both are very good albums, though both have sections that meander on for too long--but IMO, while Marillion has the better musicianship and better, more intricate compositions, Fish wins this round in terms of production and the surround mix. The mix on the Marillion album is nicely spread out, but it sounds very "thin" and lacks punch.

Ah, comparing Fish solo to Marillion. Makes me feel like a teenager again.

Last edited:
Thank God, finally raining in California, so desperately needed. The thought of fires and breathing all that toxic atmosphere, orange skys again is horrible. I told my wife next time that happens we are hopping in car and getting the hell out until smoke goes away. Some states have snow birds, Californians are needing to become Fire Birds.
Speaking of rain, I have always loved this disc from 1990, a big MTV hit. 5.1 DVD-A 24/96 DR's are 11's, 12's and 13's. Love it.
R-2457711-1568659878-5243.jpeg.jpg

Back