Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTO and BTO 2 quad mixes - great quick service by Dutton Vocalion

8584rgbweb.jpg

Porcupine Tree – Fear Of A Blank Planet
DVD-A 5.1 mix

Transmission 6.1 release includes the fantastic
Nil Recurring EP

"The ultra-heavy cerebral, atmospheric sound on this album remains enormously compelling from almost the first moment.
Just an amazing disc...and it helps that the music is over the top emotionally charged. Outstanding sonically and amazing mix...of course"

71sO6BsrlpL._SL1400_.jpg
MVIMG_20210202_140916.jpg

Hey Pupster I have another Jun Fukamachi album and its also QS 4 channel.
Introducing Ponta Murakami. Pro Use series with a trippy cover.
Been too long since I listened I dont recall the music but ya Japanese fusion sounds right....

Bryan Ferry – Frantic
SACD 5.1 mix

"This is a stunning collection of songs, brilliantly sung, with an awesome band and superb production values.
The lively and engaging surround mix that so amazingly picks out and showcases the many, many highlights of this incredible album is the icing on a delicious cake"

MVIMG_20210202_141333.jpg

Depeche Mode ‎– Exciter SACD
5.1 multichannel mix

"The sound is laid back, but not in an overtly depressing fashion. There's influences of Brian Eno, Tangerine Dream and Kraftwerk, but cast in a pop vocal framework. It works very well.
The surround mix is quite exceptional. It's very full and discrete, serving to reinforce the rich and dreamy texture of the music. The center channel is quite well done, anchoring the vocals without drawing attention to itself.
The fidelity of this disc is brilliant!"

MVIMG_20210202_173039.jpg
MVIMG_20210202_173204.jpg

Back