Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feeder COMFORT IN SOUND [Echo Records/Multi~CH SACD 5.1]

R-814166-1161517991.jpeg.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/Feeder-Comfort-In-Sound/release/814166

no way to sugarcoat it; more fake Surround bullshit.

please don't take it personally Ralph, i'm going to call out this codswallop so people don't spend their hard-earned cash on this kind of out of print overpriced old fake 5.1 bollocks like i did 👍

no way to sugarcoat it; more fake Surround bullshit.

please don't take it personally Ralph, i'm going to call out this codswallop so people don't spend their hard-earned cash on this kind of out of print overpriced old fake 5.1 bollocks like i did 👍

Funny thing, Adam. When I decried spending $43 for Rick Wakeman's latest UPMIX Red Planet in that 'special' pop up packaging in DD 5.1 [?], you defended that 'cash grab' as supporting starving artists during these 'trying' times. I probably paid pennies on the dollar for both the Art of Noise and Feeder and like MOST classical albums which support REAR AMBIENCE, am enjoying them immensely.

And BTW, I am waiting [patiently] for Chucky's latest iteration of the Surround Master V.3 which I understand will be targeted for an April 2021 launch. Cannot wait!

In the meantime, Cheers, Buddy. It's All Good! And remember, NOT everything in DISCRETE SURROUND is worth the investment! CLUNKERS ABOUND!

Last edited:
Funny thing, Adam. When I decried spending $43 for Rick Wakeman's latest UPMIX Red Planet in that 'special' pop up packaging in DD 5.1 [?], you defended that 'cash grab' as supporting starving artists during these 'trying' times. I probably paid pennies on the dollar for both the Art of Noise and Feeder and like MOST classical albums which support REAR AMBIENCE, am enjoying them immensely.

And BTW, I am waiting [patiently] for Chucky's latest iteration of the Surround Master V.3 which I understand will be targeted for an April 2021 launch. Cannot wait!

In the meantime, Cheers, Buddy. It's All Good! And remember, NOT everything in DISCRETE SURROUND is worth the investment! CLUNKERS ABOUND!

kindly don't twist my words and sentiment, Ralph 🙂 you are cross-referencing a totally different set of circumstances. both the Feeder and Art Of Noise 5.1 SACDs were full price retail standalone releases, whereas with the Rick Wakeman release the label offered a 5.1 mix as a pre-pandemic pre-order and when due to the pandemic it was no longer possible to mix the album in Surround as intended someone involved in the project decided to include an upmix.

i would suggest any upmix with Simon Heyworth at the helm would trounce the likes of the woeful Art Of Noise upmix and Feeder "faux-point-une".

we should enjoy upmixes by all means but lets not delude ourselves they are anything but.

kindly don't twist my words and sentiment, Ralph 🙂 you are cross-referencing a totally different set of circumstances. both the Feeder and Art Of Noise 5.1 SACDs were full price retail standalone releases, whereas with the Rick Wakeman release the label offered a 5.1 mix as a pre-pandemic pre-order and when due to the pandemic it was no longer possible to mix the album in Surround as intended someone involved in the project decided to include an upmix.

i would suggest any upmix with Simon Heyworth at the helm would trounce the likes of the woeful Art Of Noise upmix and Feeder "faux-point-une".

we should enjoy upmixes by all means but lets not delude ourselves they are anything but.

Fair enough, but my assessment of bogus so called Discrete releases still persists, Adam. IMO, you're missing out on a LOT of spectacular hi res ambient only surround releases which would not only tax anyone's system but are more memorable, endearing and CHALLENGING than a lot of Rock/POP FLUFF!

Fair enough, but my assessment of bogus so called Discrete releases still persists, Adam. IMO, you're missing out on a LOT of spectacular hi res ambient only surround releases which would not only tax anyone's system but are more memorable, endearing and CHALLENGING than a lot of Rock/POP FLUFF!

i have almost all of the ambient crap you've posted about and find almost all of them to be almost all a load of old shit from a Surround p.o.v. but each to their own, etc 🙂

i have almost all of the ambient crap you've posted about and find almost all of them to be almost all a load of old shit from a Surround p.o.v. but each to their own, etc 🙂

You totally MISREAD MY POST ...... but again, to each his own!

Am SO looking forward to hearing the Art of Noise's DECONSTRUCTED LOSSLESSLY Reconstructed in 5.1 through my new Surround Master V.3!

I like the cabaret-like, or vaudeville-like, nature of Nick Cave's music. This is his first album, it isn't necessarily his best one but it's still a good listen.

Surrounds are, for the most part, used relatively subtly, but that fits the music IMO.

CS551039-01A-BIG.jpg

Back