Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's Black History Month without the BLUES? This Harpslinger is a real Bell ringer!
1614262462837.png
Carey Bell (featuring Lurrie Bell) Harpslinger
no POLL, but it is mentioned throughout this
THREAD

This is SO good. There's associated live footage that really helps establish what you're listening to—essentially being surrounded by a killer group of jazz/funk/groove instrumentalists in a Brooklyn warehouse for a live performance... the surround mix puts you right there and the music is just so uplifting and fantastic. There's a version that includes documentary footage and interviews, and on the whole this is one of the most joyous and inspiring things I've seen/heard in a long time—just people who do it FOR THE MUSIC.

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 3.05.33 PM.png

This is SO good. There's associated live footage that really helps establish what you're listening to—essentially being surrounded by a killer group of jazz/funk/groove instrumentalists in a Brooklyn warehouse for a live performance... the surround mix puts you right there and the music is just so uplifting and fantastic. There's a version that includes documentary footage and interviews, and on the whole this is one of the most joyous and inspiring things I've seen/heard in a long time—just people who do it FOR THE MUSIC.

View attachment 63728

These guys are one of, if not my favourite modern group - their albums Sylva (with the Metropole Orkest) and Culcha Vulcha are absolutely begging for the surround treatment. For anyone who likes jazz fusion or jazz funk in any degree, it seems almost impossible to suggest you wouldn't enjoy these. The full video of the Sylva concert is on YouTube, and it's a great place to start with these guys.

Back