Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is SO good. There's associated live footage that really helps establish what you're listening to—essentially being surrounded by a killer group of jazz/funk/groove instrumentalists in a Brooklyn warehouse for a live performance... the surround mix puts you right there and the music is just so uplifting and fantastic. There's a version that includes documentary footage and interviews, and on the whole this is one of the most joyous and inspiring things I've seen/heard in a long time—just people who do it FOR THE MUSIC.

View attachment 63728
You have a link for this? Where did you buy it? Thanks!

Crap, I'm the worst—this thing is so immersive that I thought for sure I was listening in true surround but Discogs is right, it's only stereo (I had Stereo Multichannel selected on the ol' Marantz and flaked out). @steelydave, can this be moved to the stereo discussion? Sorry, y'all. Party foul.

Snarky Puppy – groundUP (2012, CD)

Last edited:
Visiting the Queen for Black History Month–Soul Power!
1614287317106.png
The Best Of Aretha Franklin

POLL

The whole, Home Invasion, Regret #9 songs just blew me away when I saw him live in Chicago a couple years ago. I mean, he simply rocked out and blew my mind. Goose bumps? Hell yes.
The Home Invasion - Regret #9 sequence is to die for in straight stereo, much less when aurally expanded by Steven’s superb surround mix. Totally killer!

Gary Numan - Anthology

Ouch. Bad song selection, insanely bad surround mix. I should've read this forum before I got this.

(I do love a lot of GN's music, but not a lot of the songs present here. And the ones I do like are present as live versions.)

The Home Invasion - Regret #9 sequence is to die for in straight stereo, much less when aurally expanded by Steven’s superb surround mix. Totally killer!

I've always found Holzman's keyboard solo in "Regret #9" to be a bit subdued in the 5.1, whereas it really jumps out at you in the stereo mix--raising the center channel 2-3dB gets it right in the sweet spot for me.

Eugene Ruffalo IN A DIFFERENT LIGHT [Stockfisch Records/Multi~CH SACD 5.1] Wunderbar!

R-6294733-1415797513-9278.jpeg.jpg

R-6294733-1457373436-2802.jpeg.jpg

Es ist schon erstaunlich, was für schöne Songs Eugene Ruffolo schreibt, singt und wunderbar mit seiner Gitarre begleitet, und dafür in Deutschland wenig bekannt ist. Diese sanfte und ruhige Stimme hat unbedingt mehr Aufmerksamkeit verdient. Über die Qualität der CD haben die Vorredner ja schon genug Gutes berichtet. Dem ist nichts mehr hinzu zufügen. Die Lieder selbst, sind zeitlos, z.T. romantisch und immer vollkommen harmonisch im Gesang und Gitarre. Ein Hörgenuß für alle engl. sprachigen Songwriter Fans. "In A Different Light" ist eine gelungene CD, abgerundet mit einem schönen Booklet, und auf alle Fälle Ihren Preis wert.

Last edited:
Back