Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every Day I Have The Blues . . .
1614443992891.png
B B King Live In Japan

POLL

Thanks to @humprof for the HEAD'S UP and @efb18 for the VALIDATION
View attachment 63828
Although it's the same thing (only different) as what appears on
CODA, i agree with @efb18: this is the way to experience the piece!

Thankfully, I did order CODA but as yet have not received it. Also came across this 2014 LIVE Concert from Ryuichi Sakamoto but the BD~V indicates PCM Stereo 192/24 and it's super expensive but available at Deep Discount as a 'blow out' for $46! Sakamoto conducts and performs on Piano!

https://www.deepdiscount.com/playing-the-orchestra-2014/4988064598328
51pTx9KmfrL.jpg
71%2BGwICHDWL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Thankfully, I did order CODA but as yet have not received it. Also came across this 2014 LIVE Concert from Ryuichi Sakamoto but the BD~V indicates PCM Stereo 192/24 and it's super expensive but available at Deep Discount as a 'blow out' for $46!

51pTx9KmfrL.jpg
71%2BGwICHDWL._SL1500_.jpg
Can't wait to hear what you think of CODA! I'm hoping you adore it and the bonus concert performance of async!

Fiona Joy Hawkins BLUE DREAM [Little Hartley Music/hybrid Multi~CH SACD] For those wee small hours...when the world is fast asleep...with some wonderful and ethereal surround flourishes! Superbly recorded.

R-9832106-1487024057-4815.jpeg.jpg
R-9832106-1487025160-2098.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to @humprof for the HEAD'S UP and @efb18 for the VALIDATION
View attachment 63828
Although it's the same thing (only different) as what appears on
CODA, i agree with @efb18: this is the way to experience the piece!

I’m glad you enjoy it! it’s truly gorgeous.

And thank you again for the “Coda” suggestion! I bought it at your recommendation and enjoyed it tremendously. The concert very nicely complements the studio album, and the documentary is a really interesting watch.

Even my cat was fascinated :)

60FA8684-9A3C-41E3-873C-51F0C3A5481F.jpeg

Depeche Mode – Violator
SACD 5.1 mix

"Certainly not overproduced. There's a somewhat unfinished quality in the album’s production. A little bare and cold.
Instead of baking the songs into synth productions as layered as a Neapolitan cake, Wilder and Flood crafted soundscapes with sparse arrangements.
There’s room for your ears to wander in Violator. Pick up on the eccentric noises and blasphemous rumors they’re whispering in those dark corners of sound"

depechemodeviolator.jpg

Back