Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every time i put this on, "It's Yesterday Once More"
1614730149744.png
CarpentersSingles 1969-1981

POLL

The blu ray movie editions of LORD OF THE RINGS are in 6.1. Too bad the separate soundtracks aren't, sigh.

Fun to listen to this Studio Voodoo, 6.1 24/48 DTS DR's range from 12's to 17's.
The worlds first DTS 6.1 DVD-Audio.
Includes a multi-channel and stereo soundtrack for DVD-Audio players, plus a DTS Master Quality 6.1 soundtrack and a Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo track for DVD-Video players.
Encoded in 6.1 - Channel Extended Surround, and also compatible with 5.1 Digital Surround decoders.
View attachment 63961

This Chesky Chuck Mangione has a 6.0 mix; that if I remember correctly is supposed to be 2 offset center channels. But I also seem to remember a lot of this one is merely room ambiance, maybe like an Ambisonic recording.

https://www.discogs.com/Chuck-Mangione-Everything-For-Love/release/8262302

In My {HUMBLE} Opinion, ALL of Chesky's multichannel releases save for a scant few have rear ambience only but are recorded to such HIGH STANDARDS it sometimes obfuscates the need for discrete elements. Since most of them are encoded at lower than normal levels, a volume boost will bring out the merits in Chesky's minimalist approach to surround.

Back