Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far this morning...

stage fright_.jpg

transatlantic deluxe edition.jpg

be-bop-deluxe_drastic-plastic-deluxe_boxset.jpg

You take me to heaven from deeper than hell ever dug
And you fly me higher than a trip on a magical rug
Confessions unravel
You bang with your gavel

And here I stand guilty
In a court where you are the judge
You're the drug
You've got to come on round and pick me up

You've my drug
And I don't ever know if I can give you up
Well you bring me colour where once I had just black and white
Now I have rainbows appearing round here in the night . . .

1614915578694.png
XTC As The Dukes Of Stratosphear Psurroundabout Ride

POLL

I did recieve the corrected version from AF, but after reading this who knows? The 4.0 layer never had a problem.

Audio Fidelity SACD remaster series. SACD layer includes Mono and Quadraphonic mixes. CD layer contains Mono mix. Numbered edition sticker is only on outside slipcover and does not appear on CD.

"AFZ5 215" has a defective SACD (MONO) layer - There is an authoring issue on the DSD layer only which caused the L and R channels to be slightly out of sync (thus sounding imbalanced). The CD layer and the SACD (Multi) are AOK.

The first attempt at correcting the defect was issued as Cat # AFZ5 215-2 but was not successful.

The second attempt at correcting the defect was issued as Cat # AFZ5 215-3 and fixed the problem - So if you are interested in playing the SACD (MONO) layer this is the one to get.

As a further complication, whilst the Cat # was updated on the label side of the disk, it was not updated on the slip case - so you need to check the disc to establish which version it is.
R-7636005-1445630653-6934.jpeg.jpg

You can't deny how good this is. I keep going back for a listen and always keep enjoying it. Today just listening to the 5.1 ripped. Too lazy to pop in the Atmos disc and still have not figured out how to play the Atmos through my JRiver zone, but going to give it my best shot tomorrow.
The Future Bites. Sometimes it does.
R-17174641-1612002833-3876.jpeg.jpg

Back