Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joining in with this one from @popshop - really enjoying it, thanks Ian!

View attachment 64250

Holy moly... both Eolian and Cooke are brand new to me, but this stuff is right up my alley - sounds incredible! Diving in with Bandcamp purchases as we speak! Another huge win for me thanks to QQ. 🙌

The Pineapple Thief - Versions Of The Truth Alternate Version 5.1 DTS-HD Master Blu-ray.
truth.jpg

Lara St. John & the SimĂłn BolĂ­var Youth Orchestra of Venezuela conducted by Eduardo Marturet VIVALDI The Four Seasons and PIAZZOLA's The Four Seasons of Buenos Aires [Ancalagon/Multi~CH SACD] Brilliant realizations by violinist Lara St. John

Four Seasons / Vivaldi & Piazzolla
Early in her career Lara St. John did an album cover (below) that kind of made people think she wasn't serious. It's a shame, and her SACD releases on her own label (HRAudio.net - Discs by Label) have been generally excellent - I think her complete Bach Solo Violin Sonatas and Partitas (a re-recording of this release) is up there with Julia Fischer's version on Pentatone.
51OTrEQuQTL.jpg

OK, I have a problem. I just received this in the mail, and my receiver doesn't play it as quad. My player (cheap Sony) says it recognizes it as 4.0; the receiver (Yamaha RX-V385) doesn't, and just gives a stereo output. I've never had this issue before. Does anyone here know what the deal could be, or where on these forums I can ask?

R-11829037-1523093381-6802.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
Back