Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
81D93312-C9DE-4AE4-854B-7FFA22ED034C.jpeg

Collide:
CHASING THE GHOST - (BLU RAY)

Feedback?
I am pleasantly surprised with this one. To be honest, I really didn’t expect much of a surround mix, but here we have an immersive mix with discrete use of the surrounds. It’s not ‘whacky‘ discrete like the Linkin Park - Reanimation DVD-A mix (which would have made this even better ;)) but I am really enjoying it. Vocals are mainly in the front. Guitars, drums, and synthesizer and some backing vocals have discrete parts in the rears. I don’t know the DR scores or how it compares to previous versions of this album, but I am not experiencing any ear fatigue with the DTS-HD 5.1 mix at high volume levels. In fact, it seems to sound better the louder I play it.

If you like the music, get the 2-album bundle.
https://www.collide.net/bundles/chasing-the-ghostsome-kind-of-strange-cdblu-rayBecause the same goes for…

SOME KIND OF STRANGE (BLU RAY)

23534940-7792-4BB2-A9B0-BB82D6FC1577.jpeg

Last edited:
I am pleasantly surprised with this one. To be honest, I really didn’t expect much of a surround mix, but here we have an immersive mix with discrete use of the surrounds. It’s not ‘whacky‘ discrete like the Linkin Park - Reanimation DVD-A mix (which would have made this even better ;)) but I am really enjoying it. Vocals are mainly in the front. Guitars, drums, and synthesizer and some backing vocals have discrete parts in the rears. I don’t know the DR scores or how it compares to previous versions of this album, but I am not experiencing any ear fatigue with the DTS-HD 5.1 mix at high volume levels. In fact, it seems to sound better the louder I play it.

If you like the music, get the 2-album bundle. Because the same goes for…

SOME KIND OF STRANGE (BLU RAY)

View attachment 68105

Nice

Katatonia The Great Cold Distance Bruce Soord 5.1 mix

I am also listening to Jens Bogren Quad mix; back and forth. I lowered the Jens mix by 2.5db to even things out abit.

What a great album. Superb musicianship and arrangements. Many songs have Lovely guitar licks that come in and out over the main riff.

I wonder if this one could get an Atmos mix?

Back