Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1624390501264.png

Guns n Roses
Appetite for Destruction
Bluray 5.1

Just gave the cable repair man a taste... Hes younger aprx 30 nice guy loved my Gnr boxset may have converted him to 5.1 but he just bought a soundbar n is a gamer....mentioned ps3 plays sacds

Bet he'll be looking to buy this bluray set

Btw for ALL U streamers ive been without Internet for 2 1/2 days!

What do You think compared to the 5.1 DVD A mix?

The ATMOS mix is more immersive than discrete, that isn't a negative necessarily, but just the way it was mixed. I A/B'd the DVDA to the Blu Ray when I first got it. I do enjoy the Blu Ray better, as it throws out a much larger surround experience, not surrounded by the mix but immersed in a bubble of surround.

I can't read the label, is there a Atmos mix in there now?

This release has been out for while and I believe was my second ATMOS studio album release. Second to Luca Turilli's Rhapsody ‎– Prometheus which ain't that good, imo.

Last edited:
Ok, back to .....

Don Davis - The Matix: The Complete Score (-Disc 2)

1624557073715.png 1624557109438.png

My question....HOW DOES IT SOUND? Discrete or Ambient?

It's a discrete mix, but most of the activity is towards the front. The rears will often have sustained strings/orchestra sounds while the front has more of the action. This isn't a disc that I will listen to very often. The tracks are mostly build ups.... musical accents to film without any memorable tunes....

Back