Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a very under-rated Genesis. Ray Wilson is no slouch . Love the 5.1 here
I haven’t heard this album since it first came out, played it once and filed it as “I’ll never play this again”, only to play it again now. With the exception of a couple of songs, it’s still not very good with a rather abrupt ending to many of the songs. In other words, whoever mixed this album, did a bad job.

I haven’t heard this album since it first came out, played it once and filed it as “I’ll never play this again”, only to play it again now. With the exception of a couple of songs, it’s still not very good with a rather abrupt ending to many of the songs. In other words, whoever mixed this album, did a bad job.

you've only listened to it twice. Give it some more listen love

Am I the only one who cherishes ALL those Genesis 5.1 remixes/remasters? And they were among the first to release their back catalogue in Surround and IMO, started a 'trend!'

https://www.hraudio.net/search.php?format=1&keywords=genesis&page=1

You can add me to that ALL "GENESIS IN 5.1" appreciation list .
Best thing any band has done to promote Surround , period !

Someone like Steven Wilson should throw down the guantlet to see if their numbers can be outdone.

😏

You can add me to that ALL "GENESIS IN 5.1" appreciation list .
Best thing any band has done to promote Surround , period !

Someone like Steven Wilson should throw down the guantlet to see if their numbers can be outdone.

😏

Now if we could only convince Phil Collins to release FACE VALUE, NO JACKET REQUIRED, BUT SERIOUSLY and HELLO, I MUST BE GOING in SURROUND!

NOT to mention Peter Gabriel's SO, PETER GABRIEL and US in SURROUND! UP in surround sounds AMAZING!

Am I the only one who cherishes ALL those Genesis 5.1 remixes/remasters? And they were among the first to release their back catalogue in Surround and IMO, started a 'trend!'
Not at all! I was largely unaware of Genesis before Invisible Touch (yeah, I know). My estranged spouse was a big fan of the Gabriel-era Genesis albums and I have to credit her with turning me on to the band's amazing catalog.

Within the past six months, I've been able to acquire the three surround catalog boxed sets. I'm frankly amazed by how wonderful those first five albums sound in surround. It's almost as if those records were made with surround in mind.

Now if we could only convince Phil Collins to release FACE VALUE, NO JACKET REQUIRED, BUT SERIOUSLY and HELLO, I MUST BE GOING in SURROUND!

NOT to mention Peter Gabriel's SO, PETER GABRIEL and US in SURROUND! UP in surround sounds AMAZING!

Yeah ok , so Phil doesn't want to contribute.
But even without his music... Genesis , including "Solos" are still at the Top of the Heap.

:giggle:

PS Is there any group that's even inching close !

If you have the original Capitol 5.1 SACD would love to know how it compares to this newest AP remaster, Hamilton?
Well I switched back and forth between the two discs listening to the second track carefully and I can't hear any difference. I don't have two decks to A/B the discs so it's not easy or very accurate.... but if there's a difference, I couldn't tell.

1627927473049.png 1627927599008.png

Last edited:
Back