Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Thrills SO MUCH FOR THE CITY [EMI/DTS Entertainment/MLP DVD~A 5.1 48/24] Evokes a Sunshiny Southern Cali Vibe in wonderful discrete sonics.

See the source image
Thanks for this! Didn't know about this. Just bought a copy for £4.99 inc. postage.

just making sure everything is setup properly with the new Yammy receiver with some Elliot Scheiner trusty old faithfuls..

:QQlove

Doobie Brothers : "The Captain & Me" (DVD-A)
Grover Washington Jr., : "Winelight" (DVD-A)
Toto : "IV" (SACD)
Steely Dan : "Gaucho" (SACD)

even though i used to prefer what YPAO did to Surround Music to all the front to back balance mucking about Audyssey seemed to do back when i was running Denons and Yamahas at the same time, after all these years and umpteen receivers later i'm finally coming to the conclusion i think i prefer these AVRs (once the setup mic's done the distances and stuff) with just about everything shut off, apart from the speakers themselves of course!! :LOL:

"you know i won't hold you back now..." :p

Herbert Von Karajan conducting the Berliner Philharmoniker JEAN SIBELIUS Complete Recordings on DGG [DGG/5 RBCDs/1 BD~A 2.0/5.1/Dolby ATMOS]

Truly magnificent interpretations....World Class conductor/Orchestra......Stunning sonics.....The BD~A contains 3 hours and 18 minutes of sublime music. Comes in a clamshell box with 20 page glossy booklet.

91pVeTHWz5S._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Herbert Von Karajan conducting the Berliner Philharmoniker JEAN SIBELIUS Complete Recordings on DGG [DGG/5 RBCDs/1 BD~A 2.0/5.1/Dolby ATMOS]

Truly magnificent interpretations....World Class conductor/Orchestra......Stunning sonics.....The BD~A contains 3 hours and 18 minutes of sublime music. Comes in a clamshell box with 20 page glossy booklet.

91pVeTHWz5S._SL1500_.jpg
How's the surround? A lot of these were 60s recordings.

Ginuwine The Life SACD (5.1 PCM 88.2 kHz), discrete surround no doubt. Hitting the spot today, plenty of low end with nice resolution. Anyone know of Jimmy Douglass? Highly recommended, if still available.

think he maybe mixed at least one Missy Elliott 5.1 album? Douglass definitely mixed one of my all-time favourite Quads, The Brecker Brothers' "Back To Back", its wonderful 🥰

Back