Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1628385945821.jpeg

and the 5.1 SACD is spectacular
LOVE ALL those Depeche Mode Titles in multichannel SACD ..... the domestic DTS 5.1s ..... NOT SO MUCH. All these DM SACD titles are as scarce as hens' teeth.
Like the Genesis SACD’s, I heard the opposite. Truth be told, I’ve had a few of the sets since they’ve come out and never played the DVD’s. I don’t know why but I’d like to hear the extra songs, watch the documentary and extra footage. Same thing with the Genesis sets I have. Also, I’ve never opened my deluxe set of Sounds Of The Universe either.

George Harrison All Things Must Pass
My original 3 record set in synthesized surround
I have not listened to these songs in years. They are great and yes the record is thin sounding not a lot of bottom and could be clearer.
These songs are great and the lyrics are simple but profound. Well deserving of a deluxe reissue and remix I will be picking up the set.
Astounding the journey a working class guy from Liverpool made to this while being in a group with Lennon and McCartney.

Any chance the Concert for Bangladesh will get a reissue?

Ray Conniff THEME FROM S.W.A.T./SEND IN THE CLOWNS [Columbia/Vocalion QUAD SACD Two~Fer] A lot of Ray's 70's QUAD albums were engineered from the ground up to showcase the new format and these two albums are UBER DISCRETE evidence of Conniff's commitment!

810OpO4ElyL._AC_SL1418_.jpg
I was in LOVE with VERA!!!!!

George Harrison All Things Must Pass

Any chance the Concert for Bangladesh will get a reissue?
The September 2021 Guitar World magazine is a special George Harrison edition. (I’m a subscriber and they send them out early - I just received the October issue in the mail today) It included a 3-4 page article on the 50th anniversary box set which includes an interview with his son, Dhani Harrison who worked on this set. Near the end of the article Dhani says, “We’ll do a 50th anniversary for The Concert for Bangladesh as well. We’re looking into that. Everything has been put back two years because of the pandemic, but we’ll get it done.” So it looks like we have some more box sets in our future!

Back