Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, time for some....

Tomita - Ravel Daphnis et Chloe

1631730489503.png 1631730520103.png

More Quadio Goodness!

Chicago

View attachment 71312 View attachment 71313 View attachment 71314

What will the next "Quadio" box set contain?

I'm guessing Joni Mitchell , fwiw.

Could even be Gordon Lightfoot , each artist with 2 great quads and a shelved quadio (so 3 each).

And if Universal can co-operate with DV ........we might see 3 Stevie Wonder quadios with Margouleff's(two) , or

Baker Bigsby's(three) , .......unreleased Motown quads.o_O:giggle:

Now wouldn't that be a WONDER !

Currently cranking Buddy Guy live in Montreux.

Do you have MQA decoding ability, Boondock? Would be interested in your assessment. Just ordered this one and the other three MQA~CDs from that LIVE IN MONTREUX series from Deep Discount [Etta James, Marianne Faithful & Nina Simone].

Sorry, you were probably referring to the blu ray 5.1 disc of Buddy in Montreux. Also available from BMG as MQA~encoded CDs from Switzerland!
Yeah it's like there is two separate (or more) releases. on different platforms.I think the original is Carlos Santana Presents blues at Montreux, or something like that? Featuring 3 artists, but the same Buddy Guy set is available as a DVD I believe. Not sure about Bobby Parker and Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown. IDK I've listened to the BD a few times now. I love Buddy Guy but he sort of goes in and out of focus sometimes it seems while at other times it's like he's having one over on the audience. He's a trip.

In all the excitement of finally ridding myself of Covid I had forgotten that Steve Hackett's latest cd/bluray set Surrender of Silence arrived the other day! I'm listening to the bluray surround for the first time now, and I have to say that the music is good as always, and the surround mix is surprisingly excellent. Roger King's best surround effort to date and I am impressed so far (y) .

Earlier I have been listening to more surround from the Van Der Graaf box set (I can't get enough of that :SB), as well as my other 2 purchases that arrived this week - Cyan - For King And Country (excellent Rob Reed mix as expected), and Marillion - Fugazi (sounds great, I haven't heard this album in years!).

Rabih Abou~Khalil THE CACTUS OF KNOWLEDGE [Enja Records/MLP DVD~A 5.1]

R-9601642-1483474872-6940.jpeg.jpg

Rabih Abou-Khalil is an oud player and composer born in Lebanon, who combines elements of Arabic music with jazz, classical music, and other styles. He grew up in Beirut and moved to Munich, Germany, during the Lebanese Civil War in 1978.

Back