Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess there's a lesson that I learned of those two German Live albums ?

What's that you say ?.....well if you ever want to get an excellent surround mix on a Live Rock , Progrock or Electronica ........you MUST hire one of those 2 UBER TONMEISTERS that mixed Kraftwerk's or Klaus "quadro" Schulze' s music .

🤩🍺🍺🇧🇪

Willie Nelson NIGHT AND DAY [Surrounded by/MLP DVD~A 5.1/96/24]

See the source image

Playing Giancarlo Erra -Departure Tapes DVD-A.

"Departure Tapes" and "Blues For My Father" are the better .....(well excellent !! ) , electronica selections , in my opinion.
But the other tunes are quite suitable , I think ....
And together they make this album a must own .

Also worth noting in the liner notes ;
Giancarlo gives a "shout out" to this website .

20210924_155101.jpg
20210924_162128.jpg

Played Loreena McKennitt - The Visit .....but this time I thought I'd try Dolby 5.0 (from the Atmos mix) ?
and then I played the same first 2 tunes in DTS MA .5.0 .

And My conclusion : For those with 5.1 , I think the DTS is slightly better than the Dolby 5.1.

View attachment 71782
Can't wait for mine to arrive.

View attachment 71769
The Doobie Brothers - Toulouse Street from the Quadio set on blu ray in 5.1

seeing the cover art for the latest Doobies album (what i've heard so far is pretty cool - and its in Dolby Atmos!) adorned by some of these same fine Doobie gentlemen, not so much semi-clad these days as semi-retired, one might say as you approach the Autumn of one's years it makes you think more than ever you ought to have as much fun as you can while you're young and nubile and your Toulouse Sausage is firing on all bangers.. 😋

Back