Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, wow!! fantastic!!

I just opened this thread because I saw it was 1983 pages....and what a great surprise!!

Glad you are enjoying it!! And thanks!!

1983, a mermaid I should turn to be...

The Essential Nino Rota [Silva Records/2 dolby surround encoded CDs/HDCD encoded] An extraordinary interpretation of Rota Film Classics in utmost fidelity

Essential Nino Rota Film Music Collection
710uvjz23DL._SX522_.jpg

Nice choice, one of my favorites!

Also a much improved presentation when Front/rear channels are reversed. (See qq poll thread)

Oh yes..... I'm well aware of that f$%k up.
Good thing I have the SQ quad album and a dvda conversion.

That's one quad DVD album that should be redone properly, for Blu-ray (or DVD).....and Pronto!

And while we're at it any/and many additional "Ten Years After" albums should be considered for a Complete re-issues Catalogue in Surround . I think they have been overlooked for quite some time.

lately

"...she said her stereo was 4-way, and I just love it in a room..."
==============
She had a snake for a pet
And an amulet
And she was breeding a dwarf
But she wasn't done yet
She had gray-green skin
A doll with a pin
I told her she was awright
But I couldn't come in
(I couldn't come in right then . . . )

There was chatter on another thread about Quadrophenia, I love this Blu Ray sounds so great and surroundy. One of the first surrounds I bought, probably the first Blu Ray surround I bought.
I have a special place for this as I saw there first show on that tour at The Cow Palace, the one where Moon fell off/passed out on drum set. Guy from audience played two songs on drums. The biggest news of that night was the opening act, Lynyrd Skynyrd, OMG, they blew the socks off the place, Free Bird, unreal, 3 guitars, wow.
Next day we all went out and bought Skynyrds first (Pronounced) and Southern Rock exploded.
I also saw The Whos 25th anniversary at SAP center with Gary Glitter, Billy Idol, Zakk Starkey and a host of others. Recently saw Quadrophenia Symphonic at Chase Center wasn't impressed.
The Who-Quadrophenia-Blu Ray 24/96 5.1 DTS HD-MSTR. DR's are 12's, 13's, 14, 15's.
R-5897164-1509849781-4038.jpeg.jpg

There was chatter on another thread about Quadrophenia, I love this Blu Ray sounds so great and surroundy. One of the first surrounds I bought, probably the first Blu Ray surround I bought.
I have a special place for this as I saw there first show on that tour at The Cow Palace, the one where Moon fell off/passed out on drum set. Guy from audience played two songs on drums. The biggest news of that night was the opening act, Lynyrd Skynyrd, OMG, they blew the socks off the place, Free Bird, unreal, 3 guitars, wow.
Next day we all went out and bought Skynyrds first (Pronounced) and Southern Rock exploded.
I also saw The Whos 25th anniversary at SAP center with Gary Glitter, Billy Idol, Zakk Starkey and a host of others. Recently saw Quadrophenia Symphonic at Chase Center wasn't impressed.
The Who-Quadrophenia-Blu Ray 24/96 5.1 DTS HD-MSTR. DR's are 12's, 13's, 14, 15's.
View attachment 75196

I got to see The Who in 76 or 77 ,and excellent performance.
At the end of the Concert ,Keith rode piggy back on Roger.
Regardless his shenanigans he was my favourite drummer ,and kinda still is.

Prior to The Hip ,I gave Stephen W Tayler -DeCapo a good listen throughout the entire album dts of course , a d including the DTS bonus live tracks.

Well it was better than I anticipated ,and highly recommend it if your into electronics/ambient music.
And very good surround all around.

20220114_154318.jpg

Back