Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Porcupine Tree - Anesthetize
PT-Anesthetize-Red.jpg

IMO, a REAL COUP ..... Conductor Michael Tilson Thomas conducting the Columbia Jazz Band in a rousing DISCRETE rendition of George Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue accompanied by George Gershwin on the piano via the legendary 1925 Piano Rolls. From the Dutton EPOCH 2 disc QUAD SACD set Carmina Burana...Disc 2, which among other selections also contains MTT conducting Gershwin's An American in Paris with the New York Philharmonic 🗼 ⛲

MDA5Ny5qcGVn.jpeg

Last edited:
Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein - Spheres CD + DVD

Music: Slightly dark, instrumental soundtrack to an art exhibtion with a space theme.
Sound: The sound is let down slightly by being DD-only but seeing as it's non-organic it still sounds OK.
Mix: Excellent - sounds all around, all the time, with discreteness when required and ambience when required. Also quite a lot of panning, but nothing silly. A perfect mix.

There is a 7.4.1 mix of this which must be great. I don't think it's on disc - maybe streaming only? [I'm not Atmos-capable or a streamer (yet)].

Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein - Spheres CD + DVD

Music: Slightly dark, instrumental soundtrack to an art exhibtion with a space theme.
Sound: The sound is let down slightly by being DD-only but seeing as it's non-organic it still sounds OK.
Mix: Excellent - sounds all around, all the time, with discreteness when required and ambience when required. Also quite a lot of panning, but nothing silly. A perfect mix.

There is a 7.4.1 mix of this which must be great. I don't think it's on disc - maybe streaming only? [I'm not Atmos-capable or a streamer (yet)].

Art, based on your recommendation I ordered a copy. Thanks for the heads UP! Always looking for Surround Music off the beaten path!

61VwV1lxUnL._SL1080_.jpg

Back