Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ricky, the liner notes are confusing as Ray Bardani is only credited as 'mixing' [NOT remixing] two tracks while Johnny Douglas is credited as mixing a few more but there is no unified 5.1 remix credit.

Its confusing but he did tracks 1 thru 11. Verified via my friend google - so - dammit - it must be correct ;)

Its confusing but he did tracks 1 thru 11. Verified via my friend google - so - dammit - it must be correct ;)

Well, dammit, Ricky, if that be the case he did a mighty fine job but why couldn't it have been clearer in the extensive KEM II liner notes?

And who's your friend at GOOGLE? Ray Bardani???????

a great conversion from a CD-4 LP, and an AWESOME DISCRETO MIXO, courtesy of a fellow member...
se me perdió la cartera, ya no tengo más dinero!!!!
RIP LARRY!
NTktMjcxNS5qcGVn.jpeg

a great conversion from a CD-4 LP, and an AWESOME DISCRETO MIXO, courtesy of a fellow member...
se me perdió la cartera, ya no tengo más dinero!!!!
RIP LARRY!
NTktMjcxNS5qcGVn.jpeg
Are any of the CD releases SQ/QS encoded? (Too bad CD-4 doesn't work on CD; 30kHz carrier is beyond the 22.05kHz bandwidth of 44.1kHz sampling.)

I checked Discogs. I 'think' it was Ray Bardani

seems logical in that he gets the general 'mixing' credit and is the only familiar name on the DualDisc of any engineer who did 5.1's at or around that time.. what is slightly baffling is the Kem mix is a bit too good for him, if it is by him! 😂 i mean, that Elvis #1 is frankly mostly terrible and his Cassandra Wilson 5.1 is so all over the place its hard to know what's intentional and what's a channel assignment error on the disc! 🤣

So I listened to the new PT album and was blown away. It sounds soooo good with a variety of songs and sounds. When it ended, I was disappointed that it was over so soon (48 minutes), so I started it again and turned the volume up even more! Woo Hoo!

I‘m on the third time now.

Excellent Friday Evening Music!

Back